Peugeot Land Speed Record!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot Land Speed Record!

DRIVER Peter O’Flynn was stunned to receive a speeding notice claiming a roadside camera had zapped him — at an astonishing 406MPH.

The sales manager, who was driving a Peugeot 406 at the time, said: “I rarely speed and it’s safe to say I’ll contest this.”

Officials last night admitted it was a clerical bungle, but insisted he would still be prosecuted.

Peter was driving the courtesy car while his own was being repaired. A garage worker phoned to tell him he had been nicked for speeding.

Peter added: “He said, ‘Are you sat down, you’ve been caught at quite a speed — 406mph’. I thought it was a wind-up.”

The Peugeot 406 Sport has a top speed of 129mph. But when he saw the letter it confirmed that he had been exceeding the 60mph limit in Runcorn, Cheshire at 406mph.

Proof ... copy of the offending notice

Peter said: “I don’t see how anyone can trust this camera.”

But the Cheshire Safety Camera Partnership, which issued the fine, said they would still take action despite the blunder.

A spokesman said they would be applying to magistrates for a summons.
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Actually, there were some people in the news here that wera also fined for ridiculous speeds (e.g. 800 KPH, 1200 KPH)...

It turned out the officers filled out the form incorrectly: the entered the time in stead of the speed...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Peugeaut 406... 406 MPH - coincidence?

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that this is from The Sun, one of our most respected and objective sources of news and journalism. Not.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Working...
        X