laserprinter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laserprinter problem

I'm getting a few bands of fresh toner (rubs off somewhat) across the page of my output. Any ideas? I've got a laserwriter select 360

Bad drum or cartridge possibly.

Comment

Time to have it serviced. I think it's a drum problem. Even if it's not, it's not something easily servicable.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Not really worth fixing if you can't do it yourself.

Just pick up a Samsung ML1710 for $100 and you'll get quite the boost in performance as well!

After my Apple Laserwriter Select 360 died, I moved to the Samsung ML1210 and it is just so much better!

Then again, the Apple laser was free...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Sounds like it could be a problem with the fuser. Are these bands where you expect there to be something printed?
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

The bands occur if there even when printing a blank page from a drawing program. The bands are unfused and powdery. I suspect it's the fuser roller, but how difficult is this to change? I like the idea of the previous post to invest in the new samsung $100 (after rebates) printer....hahha But the the fixit side of me wants to try to remedy it first. Also, anyone know about using a mac sharing a network printer hosted by a pc via Maclan's networking software?

Comment

When you do print something is that stuck to the page Ok or does it rub off also?
              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I've done another test, and text is fused, including the enitire length of bands which are spaced about 3.75" apart running horizontally across a portrait oriented page.

Comment

The lines are approximately 1/8" thick and each line bleeds off the left side of a portrait page and continues to the right side and bleeds off the page.

Comment

Working...
                  X