Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting Registry Entries into all profiles on a machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Registry Entries into all profiles on a machine.

Is there a way to insert a .reg or hive file into the user part of the WIndows Registry for every user easilly including the .default user?

I had an issue today where a piece of credit software only installed registry entries for the profile that installed the software. This would not even work for other administrators. These entries have to do with ODBC and an access database. After calling tech support which was actually very helpful, we figured out what settings had not gone into place and later I found the registry entries. I can use a .reg and place the entries in but I have to do it manually for every profile on every computer.

Any ideas?

Even if I could do this remotely and still had to enter the hive into every profile, this would be an improvement as I could do it without interrupting the users.

You could put the .reg file into a logon script, provided these users log on to something that can run scripts. Windows NT domain or Active directory, or even Netware could handle this. It won't populate the registry for everyone right away, but the next time they log on it will go in.

Also, windows 2000 and up have something called "remote registry service". I've never used it, but it would be something to look into.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yeha, I can access the registry entries remotely but I do not know how to tell which user part of the registry I am in nor how to place info into the default user's registry file.

Comment

Working...
      X