Update on Fuji S7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Fuji S7000

Okay the shop I bought it from are not playing ball wanting to send it back and it could take up to a month to be returned.

I checked with trading standards and they say I have a case and Jessops of Sheffield should replace the Camera for the following reasons.

1) Product was defective when bought.

2) Unreasonable and poorly published recall. Jessops didn't know about it until another customer told them. Therefore there was insufficant time to return the camera.

I rang Barclaycard and they won't help siting the terms and conditions which don't really cover this situation.

Looks like small claims court or forgot it and wait until my other camera comes back and then send it off.

Too be honest I feel Fujifilm or Jessops should replace as a good will jesture.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Chief lemon buyer strikes again... Hope this works out soon. (Or get a Minolta )

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well sods law dictates that the person I need to talk isn't in today. I suppose it's got one good side I'm full of cold and don't really feel like arguing at the moment. Downside it delays things further.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Now I'm confused. I rang Fujifilm tech support since thier email seems up the spout. They're replying but theres no text.
        The Gentlemen says my camera may not be effected after all. Wish they make their minds up.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Spoke to Jessops and they're not going to budge so that leaves small claims court which is too much hassle. Doesn't help your case either when Fujifilm then say your Camera may not be effected so I can't see me winning that either.

Is fujifilm an offshot of the other fuji company by any chance???

As a word of warning do not shop at Jessops in the UK.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

any chance of you temporarily trying the camera with a microdrive to see if you are actually affected or not?

Comment

I haven't got a microdrive to check but as for smal claims court jessops would only have to say Fujifilm told them that it might or may not be effected. So I can't see me winning that. Too be honest Jessops should just swap it as it wouldn't cost them a thing and they'd have a happy customer. Sadly they don't give jack shit about customers so it's shop elsewhere.
              When I get my other camera back I'll think about sending it back then at least I won't be without a camera for a month.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

By the way Jessops after last angry exchange with them have decided to swap the camera for another one.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X