Anti Spam software for outlook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Spam software for outlook?

Whats your favorate Anti-spam Software for Outlook? I like Cloudmark's Spamnet, but don't want to spend 3.99 a month on it.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I don't use it myself (installed it on my parents machine) but I'm impressed with Spampal (www.spampal.org). It's free and seems to be clever enough to cotrol as you see fit.

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Two more to look at

When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

It's built into 2003 anyway.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've used SAProxy, and it caused problems when using Outlook 2003 to download mail, I've since installed spambayes and it works like a dream, learning as it goes (something I never quite figured out with SAProxy).

Anyways, you can get Spambayes for Outlook at http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/windows.html

Edit: Actually, I suspect that the problems I had with SAProxy were owing to conflicts between it and Norton AV 2002.
          Last edited by BarryS; 20 January 2004, 16:11.

Comment

I use an anti-spam software called "Outlook 2003". Microsoft even releases spam filter updates semi-weekly.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
              I use an anti-spam software called "Outlook 2003". Microsoft even releases spam filter updates semi-weekly.

- Gurm
              hmm still using Outlook 2002

I'll have look at "upgrading"

Comment

Do. It's not as effective as third-party bayesian filtering software, but the mini-bayesian filter in there is pretty decent.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  Do. It's not as effective as third-party bayesian filtering software, but the mini-bayesian filter in there is pretty decent.

- Gurm
                  I did and its sure is pretty

I haven't had chance to try out the anti-spam features yet though...thankfully I dont get much on my home accounts.

Comment

This is a little lengthly, but I'm very happy with the results so I'll share. I currently use a two level approach with Outlook. I get over 100 spams a day and my main goal is to not be notified if the message is spam or likely spam.

My first level of defense is a plugin called Qurb. It's strictly a whitelist based filter so Outlook only notifies me with the system tray icon and a sound if the sender is on my approved list. Since I've used this approach I've gotten absolutely 0 spams in my inbox. This is important because I use the preview pane in my inbox. All of the remaining mail is left in a folder called Qurb. I turn off the preview pane in all of my other folders. Oh yeah, Qurb is $30.

My next line of defense is SpamBayes (free) which someone mentioned above. It monitors my Qurb folder and leaves any good mail that wasn't from an approved sender in that folder. Spam is split up into Junk and Junk Suspects. I actually check the junk suspects occassionally, but I never check the junk folder. I just delete it. For a while I checked the junk folder, but I never saw any good email mistakenly get put into that folder once SpamBayes was trained a little bit.
                    http://www.3dcgi.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X