Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the ThermalTake Aquarius II water cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the ThermalTake Aquarius II water cooler?

I have one on the way...
    FT.

yup.. I have one installed at home right now.. works pretty good, though the pump is nothing to write home about.. ( mine makes more noise than I would like it to, and the flow is not super high )
    I do not have the back up receiver installed, though I think it would make sense, as I do have to top it off every so often.. now where the water goes, I have no idea.. no visible leaks.
    When i get home tonight, I will see about taking a picture of my installation and give you some CPU temperatures
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Thanks - I'd be interested to see your results.

This is a freebie, and I had to act quickly, so not much time for research. I saw one comprehensive review, who's conclusion was basically that it was quiet and gave results comparable to HSF systems, so it's not a product for the ardent overclocker.

This freebie package also includes upgrading my 9600 to a 9800XT

T.
      FT.

Comment

Lucky bastard .. I spend hard earned cash on mine. So how can you sign up for these freebie packages?

Comment

Aquarius III

...small world, i just ordered the Aquarius III model Friday, should have it tuesday. my p4 extreme runs at 40 degrees celcius with the stock intel fan.

it looks cool, hope it works good!!

cc

Comment

Here is how it looks .. OK .. I need to dust this computer pretty bad.
            now to tell the temperature, I guess I have to find some software to read the sensor.. Motherboard monitor or something
            Attached Files

Comment

one showing the waterblock on my athlon 2500+ @ 3200+
              Attached Files

Comment

Hmm.. Motherboard Monitor is reading my cpu diode as 0C, which I am sure is not the case

Comment

In the first pic in the center, is that tube supposed to be folded like that?
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                    In the first pic in the center, is that tube supposed to be folded like that?
                    yeah.. that is the filler tube. you can connect it to the external reservoir, or just terminate the line.

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                      yeah.. that is the filler tube. you can connect it to the external reservoir, or just terminate the line.
                      Just wondering, but should you not still allow a reasonable flow around that loop? Is not that length of tubing effectively your reservoir and a part of your circuit?

According to the specs, the pump is only supposed to generate 20dBA, so I was wondering if that restriction coupled with 'hanging' the pump might be causing the noise you complained of?

And how to sign up for freebies? Easy, get a complete incompetent to manage the books and then find that budgets need spending up quick
                      FT.

Comment

Hence the question last week re. imaginative names for computer equipment?
                        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Insightful as ever there George
                          FT.

Comment

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                              Just wondering, but should you not still allow a reasonable flow around that loop? Is not that length of tubing effectively your reservoir and a part of your circuit?

According to the specs, the pump is only supposed to generate 20dBA, so I was wondering if that restriction coupled with 'hanging' the pump might be causing the noise you complained of?

And how to sign up for freebies? Easy, get a complete incompetent to manage the books and then find that budgets need spending up quick
                              yes, the tube I suppose is effectively my reservoir, but you will see yourself when you get the kit, that only one of the nozzles on the pump has pressure on it, the other 3 just goes to the ereceiver part of the pump. one for the return from the pump, the other two to hook up the reservoir, or you can close them off as I did
                              It is possible the hanging of the pump made it make the noise that I was complaining off, though actually lately it has more or less dissapeared ( yes. It is still pumping ).

As for freebies... If you ever have enough parts, make MURC raffle some off

Comment

Working...
                              X