Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progressive frames when capturing in full rez!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive frames when capturing in full rez!?

I had finished my NLE machine and slapped in a DVD in my Kendo DVD player wich conects to my VCR and onwards to the RRG and captured 5 minutes of full REZ just to be certine that the newly arrived Promise ultra 100 and my ibm gxp75 worked corectly,
    When i realised that all capturerd frames where noneinterlaced!!

No interlace artifarcts at all!!

Does Standalone DVD players output Progressive frames??
    (The G400 DH seems to behawe like this)

I realy wish my VCR did this as PAL interlacing is aboute as hard to deinterlace as drilling through Titanium steel
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Much of what you see on a PAL TV is progressive video displayed as interlaced video. When film is converted to PAL they just speed it up 4% and split frames into two fields. The DVD-player didn't deinterlace, it just splitted a progressive frame into fields. And your capture card put the fields together into a frame. Sometimes you must shift the fields one step to see that it is progressive video. Virtualdub can do this. Some videos on MTV are progressive. Motion looks better on true interlaced video, but the difference is small.

Comment

Working...
    X