• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed upgrade

I just upgraded my ADSL to 2mbit instead of the 0.5mbit I used to have

My isp used to have a 10gb limit, over that it was $3.5 per gb

But they dropped that today
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Dunno whats happened to my upgrade. No email confirmation looks like I'll have to call the reluctant salesman again. This time I won't be fobbed off to use the web page that clearly doesn't work by the looks of it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, the phone que took 40 mins, but the actual "upgrade" took 10 min
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

My ISP is supposed to increase from 3.1mbits to 4.1 mbits download and the upload goes from 350kbits to 820kbits. And the limit will go up from 15 to 30gb, and the upload form 5gb to 10gb. All that with a 3$ a month increase. Not too shabby.

Should be in a few weeks, and the upgrade will only take a few seconds.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Broadband in NYC sucks

Comment

I've got a 56 kbit/s modem

I applied for ADSL 2-1/2 years ago and the latest news is December 2005, which probably means 2006 or 2007.

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Broadband by Deutsche Telekom AG sucks too
              It floats between 300k and 500k. I've nerver seen the 768k throughput the line should be capable of.
              Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

No, broadband by DTAG is quite good. We have amongst the lowest prices for widely available DSL flat rates, it is very reliable, and fast enough for surfing and gaming (shame about the interleaving though).

I don't like the Telekom, as they've given me lots of hassles with the bill etc., but TDSL and the T-Online flat are good.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by lAmerZ
                  It floats between 300k and 500k. I've nerver seen the 768k throughput the line should be capable of.
                  The peak available bandwidth depends on how far you are from the nearest node. At less than ~200 m of copper, you should be able to get good speeds. Above that, the bandwidth decreases progressively, so that, by 2 km of copper, it starts to become very poor.

Be damned thankful you can get 300-500 kbit/s: this is ten times faster than I can and I probably pay more than you, into the bargain (typically CYP 50/month = EUR 80/month)
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by lAmerZ
                    Be glad. I don't even have DSL where i live

Rakido
                    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Not even the new slower DSL?

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

hmm...

in March my ISP is doing an upgrade.

From a 1500/300 line to a 3000/800 line!!!

and for FREE!

SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTT! (And the price is 45 canadian, very cheap)

Comment

I'm still stuck at $50/mo for 1.5/128, but it really benches at 1/80-90
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

There is a guy here at work who has just bought a new house in a new suburb with optic cable run past his house, except he can't get cable or adsl as telstra has used a cheap "rim" controller thingy and has no intention of upgrading it to be adsl capable.

This is in a expenisve suburb where everyone can aford and wants broadband and they would probably make their money back in a month...

Apparently telstra use the "cheap" $1000 controller which can only support 56k modem and isdn, but if they used the $4000 item everyone in the area would be able to get ADSL

I am in 40 year old cheapish suburb and I get full ADSL $69(AUD) for 512k and 15Gig download limt before speed reduction. This is in a suburb next to his

Comment

If he gets enough neighbours together comming out of the same rim to whine, they will upgrade it. also the rim does have copper pairs comeing into it.
                              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                              X