Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render in parallel ?

Hello,

I'm currently using Pinnacle Studio 8 to author my DVDs. Now, when you have a number of chapters (e.g. in seperate AVIs), it has to render these to .M2V files. This rendering can take up quite some time, and isn't multithreaded
    (I'm using a dual Xeon, and it is only at 25% - hyperthreading is enabled).

I can understand that the rendering itself isn't multithreaded, but rendering different chapters at once should be possible.
    Is there software that does schedule this in parallel (if possible) ? (Adobe Premiere perhaps ?)

Also, Studio8 doesn't allow multiple instances, so I cannot launch it twice for different parts.

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Hiya VJ

Have you tried re-encoding your avi's to mpeg files (and then quickly demultiplex them) before loading them to your authoring package?

I generally capture the avi's (704x480, uncompressed or 720x480 type2 dv), edit (if needed) then encode to mpeg2 using Tmpgenc. Next...demultimplex (again with tmpgenc), convert the audio to .ac3 format (besweet) then load the m2v's and ac3's to the authoring package.

If you're running winxp (which you probably are to get the HT working right)....mspro7, premiere6.5(?), virtualdub, tmpgenc are all optimized for your rig.

Not sure if that helps but re-encoding your avi's before loading them into your authoring package could speed things up for you.
    -funsoul
    mmedia pc: 2x2.4/533 xeons@3.337ghz, asus pc-dl, 2g pc3500 ddram, 27g primary, 2x120 WD's, promise fastrack100, matrox g400-tv, hercules soundcard Server box: p4 1.4GHz, asus p4t, 1g ecc rdram, 27.3g primary, 3x80g maxtors, promise fastrack66, radeon ve, soundblaster Beat box: p3 500, asus p3bf6, 1024meg pc100, 45g primary, 3x45g maxtors, soundblaster, radeon ve, dazzle vcII

Comment

Working...
    X