Crazy stories: Let's hear them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy stories: Let's hear them

I thought it would be cool to hear some true stories that have happened to some of you. I'll start...

I was living in Hawaii and staying with my best friend. He lived in a Condo in a town called 'Hawaii Kai'. It's a middle class neighborhood with the occasional rich house and some nice condos here and there.

It was about 10pm and we were waiting for the arrival of one of his friends from Vegas. Shortly after 10pm he arrives at my friends condo. He comes in and the first thing he does is pull out a pillow case from his pant leg. He opens the pillow case and pulls out to snakes from the pillow case. I was pretty suprised for a couple of reasons. First of all, snakes are highly illegal in Hawaii. They are not native to Hawaii and they cause a lot of problem to the habitat. Secondly, he snuck them on a 6 hour flight and brought them to my friends house where we all looked at the snakes in a daze.

After the inital shock wore off, we quickly called some friends and gathered up a glass cage, some sod, and a few other things to keep the snakes in a proper place. We all discussed the situation and decided it was best not to tell anyone.

I went to bed early because I had to work at 6am the next morning. I went to work and when I got back around 2pm, my best friend, the guy that brought the snakes, and one other friend were all sitting nervously on the couch. I asked them what was wrong and they explained that some guy, that they did not know, was calling up asking if we had any snakes and that he was interested in buying them from us.

After a short discussion, we decided that none of us knew who this person was and that we would agree to meet him later with the snakes to sell them to him. What the guy didn't know was, we were going to leave the snakes behind and see who he was first. I quickly jumped in the shower and we agreed to leave as soon as I got out and meet this unknown person.

As I was getting out the shower and turning it off, I heard some commotion outside the bathroom door. I was a bit nervous because I didn't know what was going on and it didn't sound good. I started looking for some kind of weapon in the bathroom. Anything really. Before I could think another thought, the door was busted in and I was being handcuffed by a gentlemen in a suit with a "hip bag" around his waist with an Uzi sticking out of it. It all happened so fast I couldn't even react.

He pulls me out into the other room and all of my friends are handcuffed and sitting on the couch. There were two other FBI agents in suits with 'hip bags' around their waste. They explain that they are the FBI and they have been tracking my friend and knew he had the snakes on the plane. They thought we were going to flee the condo so that is why they broke in and arrested us. After they realized we were harmless, they took the handcuffs off of me and allowed me to get dressed since I was in a towel, LOL.

Bottom line, they allowed all of us to go, took the snakes and the guy that brought them on the plane was fined thousands of dollars. I also asked them one question. I asked them how they knew about the snakes. His reply was, they couldn't tell me.

Scared the shit out of me when they broke in the door though.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

You win.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
      You win.

Kevin
      lol, I don't want to win, I want to hear other stories.

Dave

edit: btw, that story happened when I was 19. I'm 32 now.
      Last edited by Helevitia; 16 January 2004, 11:30.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Me and a buddy were sleeping over at another buddies house. We woke up in the middle of the night, bored. So we decided to run across town wearing what we were wearing right at that very moment, meaning, our tighty whities. (It was raining at the time) So we slapped on some shoes and off we went. Half way across town we found this private pool, so we went for a swim. Eventually we came back and went back to bed cause it stopped being fun when we realised that there was NO ONE on the streets, not ONE car or person.

Anyways, the one sleeping found out a few days later. Nothing spectacular happened along the way and no one saw us either.

Another crazy thing me and my best friend used to do was run between houses, in their backyards, without getting spotted or caught. Had to hop fences, bushes, pools, twas crazy fun. I miss those old days.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Helevitia, why did the guy bring snakes to Hawaii in the first place?
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
            Helevitia, why did the guy bring snakes to Hawaii in the first place?
            to be honest, I don't remember, but most people do it for $$$ and the fact that you aren't supposed to.

Dave

Comment

Some friends and I acquired some toilet paper from a public restroom once and went out to wrap things up. There was this local public recreation area run by the Army Corps of Engineers, and the only entrance was down a long road and over an old steel truss bridge (you know, the ones with tall sides made of girders in big "M" (or "W") shapes?) Well, we went out there and the three of them got out with the TP while I turned the car around and waited for them. (I was the getaway driver) Well, I watched as they strung three industrial sized rolls of toilet paper back and forth across the bridge.. it was pretty much a curtain of tissue blocking the whole roadway. Suddenly, from behing this wall of white paper, headlights came shining through.. it was a Corps police guy in his Blazer. Well, my buddies moved pretty fast and got back in and I floored it.. the guy drove right through the veil of toilet paper and chased us. I knew some back roads and lost him. I had to.. would have been much less fun if we'd gotten caught.
              Last edited by KvHagedorn; 17 January 2004, 00:36.

Comment

Must have been a serious adrenaline rush to try and ditch someone in a car.

Comment

When I was in the army, I was in a small unit (~25 guys, mostly highly qualified technical bods) in this island. The date of the annual inspection was approaching and the quartermaster-sergeant was worried because he had found a carton of about 100 boxes of matches which were not in his inventory. I said I would make them disappear for him. Two fellow-engineers and I spent a couple of days with razor blades, removing the business ends of all the matches and powdering them up, to obtain a pile of about 250 g. We then carefully scraped the stuff off the sides of the boxes and carefully mixed it in. Mini-tests showed we had an effective low explosive, so we found a thick aluminium can (from a dead vibrator), about 40 mm diameter and 100 mm long and we carefully filled it with our mixture. I turned a thick insulating plug for the open end, passed a coil of resistance wire through it and swaged it in over the end.

Late one afternoon, when all the officers had left the camp, we put our device in a fire bucket, covered with sand. I connected it, through an open window, to a heavy battery charger. Retreating inside the battery room, I switched the charger on. There was an immediate, very satisfying, explosion. We went outside to find nothing but a crater about a metre across and perhaps 150 cm deep; no sign of the fire bucket or any part of it, and the wires had been volatilised for about 50 cm.

The quartermaster sergeant was furious, as the General Inspection had revealed one fire bucket on inventory, not accounted for.

A few days later, an officer approached me and asked what "that" was, pointing to an antenna strung between two 20 m masts. "That", I recognised as the insulating plug, complete with the resistance wire, which had wound itself round the antenna wire. Of course, I claimed total ignorance! The flight of that part must have been about 35 m. I found the handle of the missing bucket about 50 m away some time later, outside the camp perimeter, but never found any part of the bucket itself.

I must have been, as instigator of this incident, stark staring bonkers - that's what a boring army life does for one.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

When I was in 7th grade, I (along with my equally-crazy best friend) made a Molotov cocktail and was stupid enough to throw it from the window of my apartment (8 stories up) into the alley below-there was no one passing, but within a few minutes a few people who were living on the 1st floor gathered outside to bitch about it. Amazing that no one ever caught us (or didn't even bother to report anything), especially since there's a police precinct 50m down the street
                    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X