P2B-DS, W2K, Marvel G200 Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2B-DS, W2K, Marvel G200 Crashes

I have an ASUS P2B-DS running Dual PIII 600's and 256 MB RAM. I just upgraded to W2K and installed the latest drivers and video tools for the Marvel G200. The display works great, but when I start the PC-VCR, the "remote" shows up and then I get the blue screen of death.

Can any one Help

Thanks in advance

Do you have the absolute latest BIOS update on your board? This can be critical for Win2K installations on older mainboards.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yes I Do. I installed the latest BIOS before the upgrade. I am also running SP1.

Comment

File a bug report with Matrox for what little good it might do.

The Marvel w2k driver situation looks pretty damn hopeless :-(

I have the P2B-D (without on-board SCSI) and dual PIII-500. Neither ATI nor Matrox can produce w2k capture drivers that don't crash.

Cheap Hauppauge WinTV card meets my now limited analog capture needs since my system works great with OHCI firewire cards.

I've never bothered with MB BIOS upgrades unless they clearly and specifically address an issue I'm actually having. It may matter more for win9x, but set PnP OS to "yes" and w2k handles everything, the BIOS only needs to work well enough to run the boot loader. Linux works the same way.

What motherboards and BIOS versions does Matrox claim to be testing their betas on before release? I find it hard to believe that they even test 'em at all.

--wally.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will file a report and see what comes out of it.

Comment

The Marvel G200 video tools for Win2k basically don't work.

Comment

Working...
            X