Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculate: Future Peter Jackson projects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculate: Future Peter Jackson projects?

With the upcoming King Kong remake, and news of the making of a film of "The Hobbit" sounding more promising, I think a good future project for P.J. would be Larry Niven's "Ringworld" trilogy.

What say you all?

Kevin

Jackson said "The Hobbit" is on hold and might not even be done (at least in his lifetime). Chris Tolkien, J.R.R.'s son, owns the movie rights to The Hobbit, The Silmarilion and all other non-LotR Tolkien works. Chris T. does not think the movies, or ANY movie, could do proper justice to his fathers works. Mr. Jackson said outright that Chris T. refuses to sell the rights, so "The Hobbit" is out unless Chris T. changes his mind.

I think he needs to make a Star Wars movie Script, direction, work with ILM on how to make animate objects in movies and co-produce with George. That would be sweet.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I hope he NEVER stoops so low as to work with ILM. WETA are WORLDS better.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Last I heard, Ian McKellen was pitching the idea of a TV miniseries for the Hobbit, so as to "do justice" to it.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I'm thinking "Meet the Feebles: Part II"
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm thinking "Meet the Feebles: Part II"
            heh
            Last edited by Marshmallowman; 14 January 2004, 19:20.

Comment

Never saw "Meet the Feebles." I'm thinking that's a good thing.

Comment

I think Jackson could do justice to the Dune series...as much as I like Lynch, god was that movie ever a piece of shit. The miniseries with William Hurt(?! what WERE they thinking??) was in the same league...
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Yeah, it definitely is. It's muppets, but with orgies, heroin, and a good bit of murder.

I watched it to see some of Jackson's previous work, and uh, hmmmmm.......
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I like to see him do The Riftwar Saga or the Axis Trilogy.

Comment

Let him do some Pr0n !!!
                      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Pervy Hobbit stuff? Frodo and Galadriel?

Comment

Working...
                        X