HP presents CD labeling using the writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP presents CD labeling using the writer

Tired of figuring out how to neatly and efficiently label your CDs and DVDs? Hewlett-Packard has come up with a simple solution: Use the same laser that burned the data to make the label for the other side of the disc.

A technology called LightScribe enables drives to burn a silk-screen-like, high-contrast label on the topside of CD or DVD media with a LightScribe dye coating. After completing a data burn, users are prompted to flip the disc over so they can burn a label onto it.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Now this makes sense!
    Lawrence

Comment

What's wrong with a pen?
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
        What's wrong with a pen?
        My hand writing sucks at times...plus I bet this does pretty designs and stuff
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Similar to the technology Yamaha used on their last CD Writers before they threw the towel in. However Yamaha's technology used the unused area of the disc itself to 'tattoo' an image onto it. You didn't have to turn the disc over to do it though - that's the only draw back I can see with this HP idea.

However Yamaha are apparently not quite done with writers yet and may well be making a come back sooner rather than later... Always considered Yamaha to be the Matrox of the CD world.

John.

Comment

They still seem to make the F1, it is used in their new digital audio server.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Interesting, they certainly don't sell the unit on it's own anymore... You see them on ebay from time to time but not in any shops or online unless it just happens they never sold old of them.

John.

Comment

My spelling sucks will it have a spell checker???
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The disadvantage is that you need special discs to use it...
                  MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Working...
                  X