This is awesome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is awesome.

This huge rock is located on Highway 25 in Iowa. The kids used to use it for obscenities, etc, but since it has been painted like this it has been left alone. Be sure to scroll down and look at all sides of the rock. Absolutely awesome artwork on it.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Hmm, pretty cool, yes.

But does anybody else find it odd that the "peace shall prevail" quote is accompanied by a fighter jet pilot, and a launching Tomahawk?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
        Hmm, pretty cool, yes.

But does anybody else find it odd that the "peace shall prevail" quote is accompanied by a fighter jet pilot, and a launching Tomahawk?
        I guess ya just can't please some people.
        In any case if the people trying to kill you are a smoldering pile of ash then it can be quite peaceful.

Comment

What would you rather have? Some guy bending over spreading his asscheeks? Guess you don't understand or care about the sacrifices that were and are made so you can enjoy the freedoms that you have today.

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Here we go again - into temp

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Sorry I shouldn't have let him get to me.

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

I'll leave it here for now,

on the fighterjet etc point, maybe a pic instead of a rebuilding operation/handing out food aid - comfort etc... i.e. some of the not violent parts of being a soldier
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Being a soldier involves hurting people. *shrug*

It's how these things work.

Perhaps those with a bizarrely naive worldview should just SHUT UP and let the rest of us enjoy the patriotic moment. Thanks.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

The world isn't all black and white. WISHING for a better world (and wanting to express that) is not the same as believing the world IS all good.

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
                      What would you rather have? Some guy bending over spreading his asscheeks? Guess you don't understand or care about the sacrifices that were and are made so you can enjoy the freedoms that you have today.
                      Fine, maybe that's "freedom" (read: "us") prevailing, but it took war and violence to get there. Or are you saying War is Peace? I have a book for you if so....
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

War is sometimes a tool to bring peace.
                        Besides, nobody can argue that many technologies that were made for war were later used to save lives.
                        War in a way accelerates the evolution of technology.
                        And before you even ask it, if there wasn't a war (of any kind) to fight, we'd be sitting on our lazy ass doing much less than we do when we're on a mission.
                        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I think the paint job is well done.
                          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

War can be a means to an end.
                            IOW, yes, violence may be involved as a means, but the end result is more peace than than before the war started.
                            The World Wars are a good example of this. Was there total peace after either war? No. Was it better than before the wars, or the alternative, if the 'bad guys' had won? Yes. Just imagine the world today if the nazis had won WWII...
                            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                              Just imagine the world today if the nazis had won WWII...
                              What world ?
                              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                              X