Best format for slideshows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best format for slideshows?

I've been making a lot of slideshows of recent events, vacations, etc... They consist of photos, titles and a music track. I usually output to PICVideo at compression setting 19.

I am intent on keeping them at as high a resolution as possible since the photos are all fairly high resolution (1280x1024 or greater).

MPEG II will not work above 640x480.

I've been using MPEG I at 8x6 but bit rates have to be 6000plus for the transition and picture quality to be maintained. It seems crazy to use such a compression on what is basically stills with some crossfades and music.

DivX works well at 8x6 and keeps small file sizes but my PIII850 can't decode the transitions smoothly with cpu slider at 4 at this resolution. Still, DivX so far seems like the best choice.

- Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I advice you to try MS Power Point. It makes very nice presentations with video, sound, and graphic files. Very easy and impressive.

------------------
    Anatoly Neverov
    Minsk, Belarus
    Anatoly Neverov
    Minsk, Belarus

Comment

Hi Hulk

I agree with Anatoly. The only caviat would be if your going to be viewing the final result ono a PC or on a television.

If you're going to be using a television then you might want to import the still into a video editing package and then render them to a movie. Bear in mind though your final output will be of much lower quality than your 1280 pics due to the limitations of your television screen

Regards
      Pooh

[This message has been edited by Pooh (edited 28 December 2000).]
      ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Working...
      X