X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap 4GB microdrive...

I found this on a thread on dpreview

This Hitachi 4GB Micro Drive retails for $480
    Wholesale Personalized USB flash drives, Custom PopSockets, and portable branded power banks are available at Memory Suppliers. Order custom USB flash drives online now!

The same drive is supposed to be used in the Creative Labs Nomad MuVo which costs less than $300!

Other posters mentioned that the new ipodmini is said to use the same Hitachi drive (and costs $249).

Could this be?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Depends whether you plan to use the iPod in your photo camera...

There's another company that sells micro-drives but without the interface. they're cheaper thus. I know they have 1.5 and 2.0GB cap, dunno about 4GB.

Comment

According to the link, there seems to be a full blown CF interface for the microdrive in the Muovo2... Just remove it and put in the camera.

This strikes me as odd.

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Think ... bulk.

Alas, I wouldn't buy an Mini iPod for the drive. It's a pain to pop those bad boys open.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Just read that Creative ordered the 4GB drives with a proprieatary connector...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
            Think ... bulk.

Alas, I wouldn't buy an Mini iPod for the drive. It's a pain to pop those bad boys open.

Jammrock
            Smash it a bit here and there...

Comment

Working...
            X