X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone's watching....coom by aah!

Copy No-no: Adobe and Good ole Uncle Sam

Gee's Adobe what's next???

I think that anyone who complains about this is just looking for something to whine about. There are always some of them out there that want to B&M about something. I mean how many of us in daily use need to make a copy of currency? I think that it is a good idea as long as it doesn't make the SW perform poorly.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Yes, that maybe so. But I find it odd that Adobe is now trying to play cop.

We should let the cops do their job, not we do it for 'em. It's about invading privacy more than anything. Where will it stop?

And this will do nothing to stop a real counterfeiter anyways.

Comment

Color copiers have similar technologies already built in. They'll store the last operation users tried to perform if they detect protected currency on the glass. The machine stops operating until the vendor is called in and is required to transmit the data to the Feds.
        Those initiatives are just to help prevent small volume amateur counterfeiting. For more serious operations the Feds have more sophisticated tools at their disposal.
        As long as it does not solw down the program or device we should not worry about it. While protecting our currency they protect us too.

Fred

Comment

I can see Ray's point. Whenever something is taken away I think it is good to be suspicious.

I think we must also be logical and reasonable. I can see no reason why anyone would care if their scanner couldn't scan money. I don't know if it will stop any counterfeiters, but it sure won't help any either! And if it only stops one then it's worth it since there are not drawbacks to the measure.

Now if a measure was taken to stop reproduction of bonds or something like that AND the measure caused a lot of other materials that LOOKED like bonds to fail being scanned, then that would be too far. So, when it impedes on my life, it's too far.

Interesting post Ray, thanks for the heads up.

- Mark
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
          X