Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogue capture rec.

Hi Ya Folks,
    My (retired) father in law saw my little video editting setup and now wants to do some of his own editting on his computer. Any good ( not too expensive ) capture card devices that will work under WinXp. I found one that was almost what I was looking for. It was an ATI TV Wonder USB, but it doesn't work that well in Xp without a lot of work. My Father in law has come a long way with the computer but I need something that will work properly out of the box with only a little fussing around. Please help me find something as I don't want to give up my Matrox marvel yet.
    Thanks
    R

Why not get him an ATI TV Wonder Pro ? Its a PCI card that is relatively cheap ($69 USD I think). I'm sure others will suggest other cards, but since you already said you looked at the ATI TV Wonder USB, which i've never heard of before, I figured why not stick with ATI.
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

IMHO, the most hassle-free method is to put in an IEEE-1394 card and import/export analogue via a Canopus ADVC-100, using it the same way as a BOB. He won't need to change his graphics card.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks guys for the suggestion guys...BUT
        If I get him the ATi wonder Pro then he will have to change his video card to an ATi (or so it says on the website)
        The ADVC is great but I don't think he wants to spend that kind of money for something he wants to play around with.
        Maybe I should buy the ADVC and give him my Marvel..for a price
        mmmh

Comment

Working...
        X