OK, so I go one and Mx-500 that is :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so I go one and Mx-500 that is :p

Well I ordered a Mx-500 from overclockers.co.uk under the recommendations from most of my gaming buddies ... but I have since heard reports of the logitech drivers being not so great. Is it better to use the MS drivers with this mouse ??

Thx
    Andy
    Last edited by 3dfx; 8 January 2004, 05:51.

Hrm. Tough call.

The Logitech drivers are crap, to be sure. But the MS drivers don't control all the buttons...

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I have an MX500 Which I use with Logitech drivers (AFAIR).
      Best mouse I've ever had.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        Hrm. Tough call.

The Logitech drivers are crap, to be sure. But the MS drivers don't control all the buttons...

- Gurm
        Thx for the info Gurm

Comment

I'm using the MS drivers with my MX500. The side buttons, wheel, wheel buttons, all work. The only thing that doesn't is their "menu" button.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The newer Logitech MouseWares aren't crap anymore. The wheel works properly, my fourth button works in all games I've tried (even those that don't support more than two or three buttons, because it emulates the enter key in my config).

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Which version of the drivers?

I had a problem with a MX700 that would get the keyboard to not work and/or not be properly recognized under Win XP Pro (VIA onboard too but no drivers loaded). I think they were v9.78 or sth.

Comment

Logitech has a techsupport utility named "mwadvanced_enu.exe" that helps if you got problems with your mousebuttons in games (You can download it from here ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/).

Just enable game detection and disable the "Keep keypress button assigment" option and all your mouse buttons should work in the games you wan't to play.

If you still got problems with a game you can add it to the
                GamingCompatibility list in the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Logitech\MouseWare\Cu rrentVersion\GamingCompatibility"
                Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

You know, I can't remember having any Logitech products short of their standard PS/2 mouse that didn' t have driver issues.

Comment

Personally, I've never ever had problems with Mouseware. It's always worked as it was supposed to. Games always recognized the fourth button on my Logitech Mouseman Optical. After a recent reinstallation of Windows, I installed Intellipoint instead. Nothing really changed; my mouse still works like it did before.

Comment

I have the MX700. The MS drivers work fine. The only thing that is missing is their little popup menu which i didn't like anyway!
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                        You know, I can't remember having any Logitech products short of their standard PS/2 mouse that didn' t have driver issues.
                        EM_EXEC has caused me many a problems on Intel boards with Soundmax and 3Com sound manager (yes, 3Com sound ).

Ohter problem on other computers as well. It might not be solely their fault but I found everything to run just fine without them. So out they go. Every time.

Comment

New mouseware. (9.79.1 build 25, dated January 8)
                          Last edited by Admiral; 9 January 2004, 11:39.

Comment

Thanks for the link Admiral, I have reverted back to the MS drivers. Though what I did notice with the Logitech drivers is that with PS/2 you could increase the hertz rating to 200 which would make it faster and smoother than usb

Comment

Working...
                            X