Great new utility from Microsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great new utility from Microsoft!

The Tweakomatic!!. Designed for WindowsXP, but should work on Win2K or 2K3 as well. It's like TweakUI, but it builds a master script for you so when you rebuild a computer, you just run one script and everything is configured how you like it.

Also handy in small to medium size businesses that aren't using AD/Group Policy. Throw this into a logon script and all machines get configured the same way.

Check it out! Make sure you read the whole page, you could mess things up if you don't know what you're doing.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

that looks like a really fun tool for small domains or workgroups. has anyone checked out the PowerToys lately? They have a ton of new (at least to me) programs:

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Re: Great new utility from Microsoft!

Originally posted by agallag
      The Tweakomatic!!. Designed for WindowsXP, but should work on Win2K or 2K3 as well. It's like TweakUI, but it builds a master script for you so when you rebuild a computer, you just run one script and everything is configured how you like it.

Also handy in small to medium size businesses that aren't using AD/Group Policy. Throw this into a logon script and all machines get configured the same way.

Check it out! Make sure you read the whole page, you could mess things up if you don't know what you're doing.
      LOL

just reading the page is probably another good reason to go and visit it!

Comment

Virtual Desktop Manager? When did they add that?
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Re: Re: Great new utility from Microsoft!

Originally posted by Kurt
          LOL

just reading the page is probably another good reason to go and visit it!
          Seconded!
          It's showing a considerable amount of humour, you surely wouldn't have expected at Microsoft.
          Maybe they're not totally evil at last...
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

<3

Sweet Lord, thank you.

Comment

cool, I am going give the virtualdesktop thing a whirl

Comment

I think they always have had virtualdesktop in one of their PowerToys for a while

Comment

Re: Great new utility from Microsoft!

Originally posted by agallag

Norton Anti-virus halted the installation...virus alert!
                  P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

HAHA!

So What Do I Need in Order to Run the Tweakomatic?

That’s a good question, and we don’t really know the answer.
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                      [B]that looks like a really fun tool for small domains or workgroups. has anyone checked out the PowerToys lately?
                      I personally like the alt+tab replacement. Instead of just the name of the applications, it shows a scaled screenshot of it (if it is open, it only shows the taskbar-item if it is minimized). Very handy if you have multiple instances of the same application.

(of course, tweakui is something that contains a number of handy tweaks)

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

What about slow down?

Also, wasn't/isn't this part of the Longhorn beta?

Comment

Working...
                        X