Cheap motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap motherboard

Needs to fit 4 ide devices, athlon capable (about 2 years old) so probably 1ghz ish. 3-4 PCI, AGP slot. runs with pc133 memory though. Would I be better off getting DDR ram and a more up to date board or just finding a pc133 capable one?

Doesnt need raid/sata/str etc etc

needs to be stable and a good track record. No preference to manufacturer. Its for a customer.
    hmmmmm

ASROCK SiS 748's are CHEAP now. $50, and that's WITH SATA, RAID, USB2.0, etc.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

You'd be hard pushed to find an SDR board these days, the ASRock K7VT2 is such a board, although it uses the VIA KT266A chipset.

Better off dumping the memory and getting a DDR board such as the ASRock K7S8XE
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

they do a basic one for £30
        hmmmmm

Comment

just spoke to the customer - get the memory they said. Ok with me - easier all round.
          hmmmmm

Comment

Hoo-hah! In that case, avoid VIA altogether, and pick up a SiS-based solution. Everyone will be happier. Trust me.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by bibble
              just spoke to the customer - get the memory they said. Ok with me - easier all round.
              Can you say ASRock K7S8XE+?
              RC Agent
              AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
              AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
              AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Is that the 748 with the SATA RAID onboard? Yeah, sweet little unit that...

Here's a link, for those who want the specs:

- Gurm

Comment

Just put the Asrock in a machine myself. Nice little board for the price, although lots of jumpers to fiddle with...
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

quickie - uk computer shops. All the usual suspects seem to be out of said board.

CCl, simply, watford, dabs (the only one to list it), ebuyer, insight. Has anyone ever used Gladiator computers?
                    hmmmmm

Comment

A friend of mine just bought one from Scan. (The bottom-end version without the SATA etc., but they list that one as well.)
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

scan got my custom - thanx one all. crucial got the memory though as they are free delivery
                        hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                        X