help with web site design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with web site design

I'm the proud owner the http://www.drslump.biz domain, however I haven't updated the site in months. Lack of time/interest are the primary causes it's been idle for so long.
    However I want to start working on it again. I'm proficient with Photoshop, HTML, CSS, PHP ... unfortunatly I lack design creativity

So I'm asking for your kind help

Basicly I'd like to know where can I find cool (in design) personal web sites, so I can imitate their design.
    Is there any Top50 list of the best designed personal sites?

Any pointers will be willkommen!

ciao, Ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

I used the easy way. I use Dreamweaver to do the HTML and build the template. Greymatter for the news/blog engine. I little trickery of my own and bam!

As for what's good and what's not, nothing beats:

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Cool designed original personal websites, check no further then mine.

Generally the sites of 3D artists (not me yet), check the links section are very class and original.

Comment

Funny Jammrock. One of the websites he cites as terrible
        deluxefloorcoverings.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, deluxefloorcoverings.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

is from the company that put in my hardwood flooring

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, although it looks almost as if you wanted to get a new visitor (me) to your own website

I checked Greymatter and it sure looks great, but my Perl knowledge is limited. I'm much more fluent in PHP so I've searched a little and found out Mambo.
          It's a portal system but easy to setup and use.
          Although I haven't got time to customize it yet, you can check my site here :
          <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

If you want to go PHP, look at PHPNuke. It's probably the most popular PHP blog engine.

I decided to go with the Perl-based Greymatter (and I have no Perl coding ability) because I don't have to link the blog engine to a database. Everything is self contained and generating, once you get it configured, within the CGI files and couple of directories.

However, Greymatter will be switching to PHP with version 2.0. I guess PHP is taking over the world.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X