Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parhelia and flat panels?

Hi,

I'm little confused how to use TFT flat panels with Matrox Parhelia in TripleHead stretched mode. I have three analog CRT monitors at the moment. In stretched mode you are supposed to use the same resolution and refresh rates on all monitors. What kind of refresh rates I could expect to have on my current CRT monitors, If I go and buy a TFT flat panel with analog/digital connector and put it in the middle?

Let's say the monitor specifications tell me that the new TFT monitor is capable of doing 1280x1024@75 Hz. Is this 75 Hz the limit on all monitors, if I use this monitor with analog connector? What happens if I use a digital connector? Can I then use 85 Hz refresh rate (or higher) on my CRT monitors, if my monitors support it?

IIRC you can use 1 digital and 2 analog connector.

Nontheless, same refresh and resolution applies.

So it's either 3 CRT's or 3 TFT's

Comment

So, are you saying that I shouldn't mix CRT and TFT monitors together?

Comment

There is no problem mixing CRT's and TFT's, in any combination, but the resolution and refresh rate has to be the same, on all 3.

Comment

OK, thanks for your help!

Comment

Be advised though that most TFTs won't synch above 75 Hz, and some even above 60.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

TFTs in digital mode will be 60Hz, and analog some support up to 75Hz capture but still refresh the screen at 60Hz.

Comment

Maybe I'll just delay my purchase until I get enough money to buy all three TFTs at the same time.
                It would be terrible to work with CRT monitor flickering at 60-75 Hz...

Thanks for your input, guys!

Comment

wait until february or so, right now prices are inflated because of the Christmas season ans stocks are low. New models are coming usually around february, so might get better deals than now.

Comment

If you use 3 monitors on a P, only one of them can be digital so you'd want to decide if an analog LCD is that much better than an analog CRT.

Comment

Working...
                    X