Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parhelia and TV Tuner Problems - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia and TV Tuner Problems - Please help!

Hi,

I have a Matrox Parhelia, and I am using a Hauppauge PVR-350 TV tuner. While watching TV, the video and voice become out of sync. But when I drag the window from one monitor to the other, this problem disappears. This problem only happens with the Parhelia, and it does not occur consistently, more of a random (but frequent) problem. My system: ASUS P2B-DS board, with dual 1.4GHZ cpus. 1G of ram, U320 SCSI Hard drives.

Please advise!

-V-
    Last edited by X-Caliber; 30 December 2003, 16:12.
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

anybody.
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Comment

Hmm... I have no idea, but have you tried using RGB instead of Overlay in your TV viewer application? Also try updating all drivers, Parhelia, chipset (application accelerator? Try with and without), sound card... Maybe your PCI bus is just oversaturated, try lowering the load on it.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

buying a tv should fix this
        Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

"buying a tv should fix this"

yeah I know, but my tv tuner card has a built-in TIVO like feature, which allows me to pause live TV, and record tv shows.

"using RGB instead of Overlay in your TV viewer "

I don't know how to do this.

Comment

Dscaler is your answer, don't bother with any of the packaged software.

Comment

This thing is propretiary (okay, I can't spell - where is the spellchecker?) - it doesn't work with DScaler.

Comment

Originally posted by X-Caliber

"using RGB instead of Overlay in your TV viewer "

I don't know how to do this.
                Don't bother, since this is generally a BAD idea. If possible, you should ALWAYS use a hardware overlay, since this not only causes significantly less strain on the CPU but also results in better display quality and less choppy playback.

Maybe the Parhelia is using a software overlay or no overlay at all for your video on your screen. You could probably test this when you watch TV with only one display activated - the the hardware-overlay should always be used by any decent software.
                But even having two displays activated at once should not be a problem, since the Parhelia is the ONLY consumer gfxcard I know that has support for two hardwareoverlays at once (one of the very few major advantages of the Parhelia IMO).
                Maybe you can configure this use of overlays in the gfxcard driver software? (I don't have a P myself, so I can't comment on that).

Other than that, you could try to swap to other driver versions of the soundcard or swap the PCI-slot the soundcard sits in.
                But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                My System
                2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                X