No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New catalysts are out: [click]
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

thanks for another heads up!

Comment

Almost 10 days late
      (nice thought)

Comment

Late and too be honest I wouldn't bother upgrading too these. I'm thinking about going back to the 3.9's as these have introduced a slight stutter in games that occurs once in a while.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
          Late and too be honest I wouldn't bother upgrading too these. I'm thinking about going back to the 3.9's as these have introduced a slight stutter in games that occurs once in a while.
          I haven't been aware of this so far PIT m8, what games are you trying with the card ??

Andy

Comment

Hi:

No problems with the 3.10 drivers. I've been with ATI a few years now after a long time using Matrox. No driver issues with either company.

Happy trails,
            WinXP HE SP1& DX9b; Lian-Li PC-6089 mid alum case; Enermax 550W PSU; P4 2.8b retail; Asus P4T533-C s478/i850e; 1GB PC1066 RIMMs; Promise Ultra133 IDE PCI controller; 2x80GB Maxtor D740x 7200RPM ATA-133 HDDs; OrangeLink FireWire 800/1394b PCI card:
            1x250GB Maxtor One Touch USB2/fw external Ultra ATA-133 7200RPM HDD; Toshiba 16x/48x DVD-ROM; Plextor PX-708A 8xDVD?R/RW CD-R/RW burner; Radeon 9800 XT retail; DVI: Samsung SyncMaster 213L 21.3" TFT; VGA: ViewSonic 22? P225f; TV OUT S-Video: Sony 36? WEGA XBR400 NTSC; TerraTec DMX 6fire LT sound card to Denon 3802 7x110W based HT; on-board LAN to Alcatel ADSL modem; Canon S750 USB printer; Canon D125O USB2 scanner; Logitech diNovo Media Desktop (Bluetooth cordless keyboard/MX900 optical mouse); Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless USB Joystick; Logitech WingMan Strike Force 3D USB joystick; Logitech 2.4GHz Cordless Gamepad/Rumblepad.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
              I haven't been aware of this so far PIT m8, what games are you trying with the card ??

Andy
              Mainly UT2k3. Been using the Omega drivers and haven't had a problem tonight.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

3.10 is primarily 3.9HF with some 9600 fixes.

If you liked 3.9HF, you'll like 3.10 - virtually all "stuttering" that gets introduced is an improper driver clean/install or some other coincidence.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

They're good, but then I have never had any major issues with ATI drivers the last year or so.

Though maybe the shadow problem in Homeworld 2 can be considered an issue, but I can live without those enabled.

Comment

upgrading time as soon as I can reboot the machine
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

General feedback on the 3.10 drivers is VERY good.
                      They might not be the fastest "bechmark-drivers", but looking at general bug-freeness and problem-free operation, those seem to be among the best so far.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

I would agree as I have had no problems with them to this point, though I have had some of the best performance in games and especially "benchmarks" in all the Cat's.

Comment

GPU recover seems to kick in once in a while with NFS:Underground, and TRON 2.0 doesn't work, but they already said so in the release notes. For the rest, stable drivers.
                          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
                            though I have had some of the best performance in games and especially "benchmarks" in all the Cat's.
                            On most systems the Catalyst 3.7 seem to be the fastest, if all you're interested in is high 3DMark, UT2003, etc. benchmark scores...
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

With my 9700Pro I was having system lockups with Call of Duty, needed a reset each time and appeared to be random. I thought that was limited to the 9600's but obviosuly not.

All gone now though.

Only problem I have ever really had with the cats was Max not shutting down.

Comment

Working...
                              X