darn dvdmax mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darn dvdmax mode

can anyone tell me why my marvel g400 isn´t able to show a divx/mpeg4 avi in fullscreen on my tv as it does with regular mpeg1 or mpeg2 clips?

because:
    option 1.) The clip you're trying to output doesn't have a horizontal resolution that is a multiple of 32
    option 2.) you deleted one of the DivX ;-) directshow filter the blablabl.ax file, whatever the name was

Comment

uhh, seems like that horizontal resolution thing does it. thank you.
      but what am i going to do with all my 720divx avis? you know a good method to resize them without totaly recompressing them? perhaps a "raltime resizing filter", wich plugs into the media player?

Comment

never heard of such a thing. Maybe there is a way to cut of part of the image.. bevcause I don't really think realtime resizing is possible.

Comment

Advice;

The same stream encoded at the same bitrate in MPEG-2 is often smaller and looks as good as MPEG-4/DivX, so why not use that instead? It has the added advantage of playing properly at 720x480 through DVDMax.

Alternatively you could just create your DivX files at 704x480 by cropping 8 pixels off each side. This would maintain aspect ratio and be playable in DVDMax with no loss of visual field because the crop would be of the overscan area. MSPro is great for doing this....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 20 December 2000).]

Comment

how can i encode 720 x 576 in mpeg2 with a bitrate less than one MBit? this must look very crapy.
            besides: reencoding would take a long time and the sound would become two till four times bigger! doesn´t sound good to me.

Comment

Working...
            X