Mmmm... Sushi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmm... Sushi!

Got tired of paying like 5 bucks for 7 sushi rolls at a local supermarket so we went to an asian market and bought the sea weed wrapping, rice, some pickled ginger, wasabi (the cheap horseradish version,) seasoned rice vinegar, eel, and a bamboo rolling thingy. Havn't quite got hang of rolling 'em and making it look "professional" but it still tastes great.

We make it all the time.
    Took lessons at the local vo-tech a couple of years ago.
    I make the rice and Becky rolls em up.
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

quickest way with the rice - and easiest is if you get some sushi no ko, its a powder that has all the sugar/vinegar in it - fairly cheap. the kanji is すしの子 or a modification thereof
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

time to make sushi again!

Comment

hm........raw fish........
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

‚·‚µ‚ÌŽq‚È‚ñ‚Ďד¹‚ȁEEE
            Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
              quickest way with the rice - and easiest is if you get some sushi no ko, its a powder that has all the sugar/vinegar in it - fairly cheap. the kanji is すしの子 or a modification thereof
              Our teacher used that powder.
              We tried it and hated it.
              It gave me gas
              Oh well, we use the real vinagar and sugar and mix it up in a huge oak salad bowl we have.

chuck
              Last edited by cjolley; 23 December 2003, 07:04.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                hm........raw fish........
                I know the feeling

Comment

Mmmm... raw tuna

I fact, I think we'll go out for sushi lunch today.
                  Great idea.
                  chuck
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

The vinegar we're using is pre-mixed, has the sugar and salt already in it. I had never tried the seaweed raw, man that stuff is strong! Daring people to eat the wasabi by itself is always fun too.

Comment

Well, I had miso soup, grilled salmon and california roll for lunch.
                      Yum....

I have an allergy that causes me to be totaly immune to wasabi about half the time.
                      If I ever get to Japan I might try to win some bar bets with that trick.

What kind of rolls &/or sushi do you make?
                      We make tuna roll, Philadelphia roll, and California roll at home mostly.

chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Since we just bought the stuff last night at 7:00pm we've only tried maki (rolls) with broiled eel. Mmmm..... broiled eel, sounds nasty but tastes good.

Comment

hmm... raw yellow tail

forgot to mention that me and family went out to a fancy sushi restaurant last friday. May! Seeweed salad, grilled scallop with some yellow japanese mushroom, grilled scallop and salmon roll etc etc...

yum (It was very good alright!)

Comment

ugh
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Just really to clarify for all Sushi != raw fish. It can contain it, but also just vegi's etc as well.

Sashimi is raw fish.
                              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                              X