Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to benchmark my G400Max AGP transfer rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to benchmark my G400Max AGP transfer rate?

I want to make a bench on my G400Max in order to know if it is truly converted to AGP4X speed trought the patch I made (Originally I want to make it only compatible to AGP4X voltage, not with the tranfsers too).

Can Anyone suggest me a software to make the test?

I have already launched mtstu and cpu-Z, but both applications read the chipset settings, I am interested to check the real transfer rate.

I have already posted the question, into this other thread:

G400Max (not an AGP 4X version) detected as 4X !!!

Thanks.
    <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
    <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

3Dmark 2000 has an AGP texturing test.

We create the world's most widely used benchmarks and performance tests including 3DMark, PCMark, Servermark, and VRMark. Get started now with our free downloads.

Comment

Ciao Zanna!
      E' tempo di passare alla Parhelia e mandare in pensione la MAX!

Hi Zanna!
      It's time to change your masterpiece G400MAX with a 256MB Parhelia!

As for AGP benchmarking: Also 3dmark 2001 has this feature but it isn't always reliable!
      Have you tried Sisoft Sandra?
      ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

If you're running on any MS OS other than Win98SE (perhaps WinME, too), forget about AGP texturing. You only get 16MB of extra memory out of AGP capability in OSes such as Win2k/XP regardless of the size of AGP aperture you have. Your 3DMark texturing test will end at 32MB. On Win98SE, 3DMark texturing test can go as high as 64MB if you have 128MB of system memory, or 128MB if you have 256MB of memory.
        KJ Liew

Comment

Originally posted by kjliew
          If you're running on any MS OS other than Win98SE (perhaps WinME, too), forget about AGP texturing. You only get 16MB of extra memory out of AGP capability in OSes such as Win2k/XP regardless of the size of AGP aperture you have. Your 3DMark texturing test will end at 32MB. On Win98SE, 3DMark texturing test can go as high as 64MB if you have 128MB of system memory, or 128MB if you have 256MB of memory.
          uhm, that BUG was fixed AGES ago
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Venturer
            Ciao Zanna!
            E' tempo di passare alla Parhelia e mandare in pensione la MAX!

Hi Zanna!
            It's time to change your masterpiece G400MAX with a 256MB Parhelia!
            Ciao Venturer !!!
            La Parhelia costa un po troppo perĂ²!!!
            Inoltre ho bisogno di utilizzare sia Win98Se che Win2kPro e NON su due PC diversi. (la Parhelia NON HA i drivers per 98se)

Hi Venturer !!!
            The Parhelia is too much expensive!!!
            .. and I need to utilyze both Win98se and Win2kpro, and not on two different PCs. (Parhelia does not have Win98SE drivers).

I will try Sandra.
            Thanks.
            <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
            <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

quote:

Really, I wish you were right about that. I tried both PD5.88 and PD5.91 on WinXP and Win2k, and this is not fixed.

Mind sharing how you get over the 16MB AGP texture memory limitation?? And what software you use to validate that G400 texture memory can go above 32MB? I normally use 3DMark2000.

My G400 is on Intel chipset motherboard with 1.5V AGP 4X enabled. My G400 is the 4A part.
              KJ Liew

Comment

Originally posted by kjliew
                quote:

Really, I wish you were right about that. I tried both PD5.88 and PD5.91 on WinXP and Win2k, and this is not fixed.

Mind sharing how you get over the 16MB AGP texture memory limitation?? And what software you use to validate that G400 texture memory can go above 32MB? I normally use 3DMark2000.

My G400 is on Intel chipset motherboard with 1.5V AGP 4X enabled. My G400 is the 4A part.
                Your absolutely RIGHT

Matrox cards still suffer from that bug ?!?!

Strange, I remember it being "fixed" ages ago (somwhere around sp1-2).

and neither of my current cards (one from ati and one from nvidia) seems to suffer from it ?!?!?!

same on my laptop wich has a savage3d vidcard vith 8mb onboard and the agp aperture in bios STUCK at 64 (wich means that it gets half of that )
                that one runs the 32mb test of 3dm2k.

okay this is weird, I always thought this was an W2K specific bug, that all cards whatever manufactors suffered from and that IT was fixed in either sp1 or 2

but now it seems that It's only matrox cards that suffer from it
                Last edited by Technoid; 26 December 2003, 10:02.
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                X