Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia 128 : no textures displayed on X-Plane 7.30 objects

Bonjour !

Using a Matrox Parhelia 128 Français, some object textures are not displayed in X-Plane 7.30, resulting the objects. like buildings, hangars, etc., to be displayed totally black.

The system uses three Philips 151AX flat monitors. DirectX tests are OK.

Card model reference : Parhelia 128MB Français
    Installed version of Matrox PowerDesk : 1.5.0.107
    Installed graphic BIOS version : 1.4 - 20

X-Plane software configuration is OK, as the whole identical application has been moved from a machine where it runs perfectly to the Parhelia equipped machine where the bug appears. X-Plane does not use registry entries, so moving it from one machine to another via local network does not affect his configuration or behaviour.

Software uses OpenGL.

Any clue would be appreciated : " Bouh ! Je n'ai acheté cette carte que pour ça !"

Thanks to everybody and bonnes fêtes !
    Djipy, Geneva, Switzerland
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) , MMX, 3DNow, ~1.2GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)

There's a similar bug in Homeworld2, were Reducing the AGP-Apperture Size helps...

what kind of Mainboard and processor are you using? The AMD-System in your Sig? They (matrox) think that this bug might be mainly with amd based systems. However, I on my Intel system encounter it too.

Comment

same here, but 5.99 is ok.
      P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Hello friends !

It's not an AMD problem. Using the same card on a Intel Pentium IV machine gives the same result.

Where could I find the 5.99 version, just to see if it works with my configuration too ?

I'm still looking for a solution with Matrox, but they cannot reproduce the bug. I'm afraid it could be related to an "hardware" failure of the specific card...

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Djipy
          Hello friends !

It's not an AMD problem. Using the same card on a Intel Pentium IV machine gives the same result.

Where could I find the 5.99 version, just to see if it works with my configuration too ?

I'm still looking for a solution with Matrox, but they cannot reproduce the bug. I'm afraid it could be related to an "hardware" failure of the specific card...

Thanks !
          The world's most advanced flight simulator is ready for you. Try our free demo for Windows, macOS, & Linux today.

email them, they might offer it still
          P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Hummm.. They say this in their FAQ :

(So, if somebody has it somewhere, I've got ADSL...

ArticleID: 10024
            Title: Where do I download old versions of X-Plane?

Unfortunately, we do not have the space nor bandwidth to keep old version of X-Plane online.

We always suggest you download the latest version available, please see this article

If you absolutely must have an older version, we would recommend you review this article and get involved with some of the forums or mailing lists.

You will find thousands of other X-Plane users, and some may have what you need and be able to post it so you can download it.

Comment

Ooops...! Didn't read enough !

Here they are : http://www.boostair.ch/pub/

and located in my country !

Comment

thats a good site to know if you're an x-plane player...thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X