Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the "south park" effect

Hi,

I think this is my second post on this forum so sorry if it's a bit off-topic but I need your help

I've thought about making a funny video for my friends. I'm short on cash so I have to find alternative presents
    Since that thing of getting the face of someone from a photo and splitting it like the canadians in South Park seems to work quite well and easy, I thought I could do it. The idea is to get scenes from South Park the movie and replace the cartoon faces for my friends ones and then I'll "dub" some dialogs.

Anybody have done it before? What's the best way to do it? is it easy/fast to do? I don't have much time left 'til xmas!
    I've got ulead's media studio and pinacle studio 8.

cheers, Ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

The early South Park cartoons were made using construction paper cutouts for the characters and backgrounds. From the second episode on, they've used a pretty sophisticated computer program to generate everything. That's how they're able to keep the show so timely.

To do what you want with existing footage, assuming you already have it captured, would be to a) get the photo of your friend you want to use and b) import the video into either Photoshop or After Effects as a filmstrip, then c) cut and paste the face to the character the way you want it. Sounds tedious and painstaking and one of the reasons I haven't gotten more into animation. I just don't have the patience. I don't know of a program that would be able to do it on the fly, But I'm betting its expensive.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X