Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need new PC speakers, what should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need new PC speakers, what should I get?

I currently have Klipsch v2 4.1's. The amp died on me about a month ago. What is a good replacement set?

I've been eye-balling the new Klipsch Ultra 5.1's. What other speakers should I consider? What about the Logitech z-680's? Anything else? Keep in mind that I have a complete home theatre system that I use to listen to music and watch movies so I don't need higher end spekers, I just want really good PC speakers.

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

i got LOgitechs Z-680 and i tell u theese are the shit maan THEY ****ING ROCK!!! i wouldnt change them for anything so good sound quality and amzing bass its all in one packet! its amazing!
    WaterCooled!
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2325 with Water!

Lian Li PC71 Mods UnderWay!
    Radeon 9800 Pro 450Core / 375 Mem With Original Cooling just memsinks added
    512mb HyperX Dual Channel 400MHz Ram
    Modding is my life allways was my life and i intend it to be my life

Comment

Teufel Concept E Magnum (german product site). They've won numerous awards against the Z-680s and some creative speakers (I alwas forget their names/numbers ), and they're drastically reduced in price now. I don't know if they're available in the US, though, and the german version is of course 230V (they're factory direct in germany, and I don't know if they have a reseller for the US).

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Videologic Digitheater DTS or Digitheater DTS Platinum.
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Get a receiver and a real pair of speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            Get a receiver and a real pair of speakers.
            Wanker, read my post
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Another good speaker to look at are the new Creative Gigaworks.
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                Wanker, read my post
                Hey.. perfect chance to upgrade the main system.. move the one you've got to the computer room.

Comment

I had a similar quest just last month -- bought a whole new system. I was back and forth between the Klipsch 5.1's and the Z-680's. I kinda wanted the Klipsch but was worried about numerous reports of premature failures -- just like yours.

I actually bought the Z-680's, but the next day I took them back realizing that unless I was going to watch a bunch of DVD's, I probably didn't really need the center channel. I ended up buying Logitech's 4.1 version -- the Z-560's. They're pretty much the same as the 680's but without the center channel. And half the price. I bought them from Newegg for about $150. So far I'm pretty satisfied with them.
                  My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I was surprised at the decent sound from Creative's I-trigue 2.1 speakers which cost 70 quid in PC world
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I have to say the Z680's. Both Scumhawk and I bought them, and have done nothing but enjoy them since.

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer
                        I had a similar quest just last month -- bought a whole new system. I was back and forth between the Klipsch 5.1's and the Z-680's. I kinda wanted the Klipsch but was worried about numerous reports of premature failures -- just like yours.

I actually bought the Z-680's, but the next day I took them back realizing that unless I was going to watch a bunch of DVD's, I probably didn't really need the center channel. I ended up buying Logitech's 4.1 version -- the Z-560's. They're pretty much the same as the 680's but without the center channel. And half the price. I bought them from Newegg for about $150. So far I'm pretty satisfied with them.
                        Good thought, I'll never watch a DVD from my computer(well, almost never). How many games are out that support DD or DTS currently? 1 right? I mmight as well go for the cheaper 4.1's. Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

I noticed THG has a review of like 7 speaker systems.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                          Hey.. perfect chance to upgrade the main system.. move the one you've got to the computer room.
                          hehe, can you imagine me hooking up my HK and Velodyne speakers with my 12" sub and cranking BF1942 or CoD? *Starts to daydream*

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                            Another good speaker to look at are the new Creative Gigaworks.
                            I saw these, very nice speakers it seems. $499 is a lot of money though.

Comment

I just heard that my v2.400s have stopped working . Was planning to reacquire them from my brother when I go back home next month. Oh well, might have to take these underpowered no high frequency (>17,000) 6700s back with me
                              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                              X