No announcement yet.

time to update your flash player guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to update your flash player guys!

MPSB03-08 Update to Flash Player Addressing Local Shared Object Security
    Originally posted: December 16, 2003
    Last updated: December 16, 2003

Summary
    A recently discovered security flaw in the Internet Explorer and Opera browsers may allow improper access to certain local files. A potential exploit can then be created in association with the local Flash data file to allow a malicious user to gain access to information stored on the local machine.

Solution
    Macromedia has released an updated version of Macromedia Flash Player (7,0,19,0) that can be downloaded from the Macromedia Player Download Center.

This new version stores local data in a way that a malicious user cannot access it from applications other than Flash Player. This ensures Flash movies are able to work properly with data saved to the local file system, but external applications, such as web browsers, are not.

Severity Rating
    Macromedia categorizes this issue as an important update and recommends users update to the newest player.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

tnx mate
      WaterCooled!
      AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2325 with Water!

Lian Li PC71 Mods UnderWay!
      Radeon 9800 Pro 450Core / 375 Mem With Original Cooling just memsinks added
      512mb HyperX Dual Channel 400MHz Ram
      Modding is my life allways was my life and i intend it to be my life

Comment

It does not effect mozila

Comment

I've been prompted to re-download Flash 7.0.x.x about 25 times in the past two weeks. Grr...

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X