Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netherlands Supreme Court tosses KAZAA case....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netherlands Supreme Court tosses KAZAA case....

AMSTERDAM/LONDON (Reuters) - The Dutch supreme court on Friday threw out an attempt by a music copyright agency to put controls on popular Internet file-swapping software system Kazaa, a ruling the music industry attacked as flawed.

The decision is a fresh blow to the media industry, which has fought to shut down file-sharing networks they say have created a massive black-market trade in free music, films and video games on the Internet.

"The victory by Kazaa creates an important precedent for the legality of peer-to-peer software, both in the European Union (news - web sites) as elsewhere," Kazaa's lawyers Bird & Bird said in a statement.
    Article.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Kazaa one of the biggest virus spreading crap on our network. I'm glad the music industry got slapped down but I wish Kazaa would go to hell as well.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Agreed. If I had a dollar for every relatives system brought to me because of Kazaa-itis

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

not to mention the crap that is bundled with Kazaa.crapp
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

try k-lite

Comment

Working...
          X