Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the 2D image quality of the latest Matrox cards compare to the original G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the 2D image quality of the latest Matrox cards compare to the original G400

HI, been away from the Matrox forums for awhile. I am in Japan and see a couple of used G400 Max cards for sale now and then. They are around $50. Would I get better 2D image quality with them or the newer Matrox cards. Remember the G400 Maxs were made in Ireland (I have seen a few late ones made in Thailand), whereas the current Matrox cards are made in China. I had heard complaints about the second generation cards a while back.

Considering the price of the PX50 cards here - Are you listening Matrox - go to aki and grab a second hand G400, the image quility is not so different.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I have just bought a new computer and am running the same two analogue monitors off both computers, through different monitor inputs. The new computer is using the BNC inputs to the monitors but I have tried both sets of cables on each card.
      The new computer has a P650 the old computer is a G400 card. The image quality does not appear better from the P650 when running at the resolution / refresh rate settings I used for the G400. The P650 will however allow 2X1600X1200 at reasonable refresh rates and colour levels which the G400 would not.

If you were using LCD monitors I suspect the image quality would be much better from the P650.

I am using the adaptor supplied to convert the P650 outputs from DVI, does anyone make DVI to BNC cables, would this give a better signal.
      Last edited by deuchar; 19 December 2003, 15:53.

Comment

Working...
      X