• Show
Clear All

• Looks like they got the internet connection fixed here at work

w00t!
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

what is your work?!
    We've got a single 2mb/512Kb ADSL line for 200+ computers at college and all in connections are blocked
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Originally posted by drslump
      what is your work?!
      We've got a single 2mb/512Kb ADSL line for 200+ computers at college and all in connections are blocked
      that Sux!
      great line u got there... cjolley
      WaterCooled!
      AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2325 with Water!

Lian Li PC71 Mods UnderWay!
      Radeon 9800 Pro 450Core / 375 Mem With Original Cooling just memsinks added
      512mb HyperX Dual Channel 400MHz Ram
      Modding is my life allways was my life and i intend it to be my life

Comment

We've got multiple OC3s to the internet, and gigabit WAN links between our toronto offices. Unfortunately, that's all shared amongst approx. 40,000 users, so effective speed per user isn't too great. I usually average around 3-5 Mbps.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well, interesting.
          I don't have much to do with the hardware side of things here, so I went and asked someone who does (the acting MIS director).
          While we have some big pipes (fiber) out of the building for data traffic, our internet connection is 10 mbit.
          So, apperently, I was just about the only one going in or out right then.
          Not very many have internet rights here.
          Multiple tests produce variable results between 3 and 6 mbit.
          Still, not bad. But the 9mbit was a fluke
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
          X