Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam the Lion

A few quotes:

Also the arabs are saying that Saddam must have been druged by the CIA, that's why he surrendered without firing a shot, despite having a weapon. What a coward.

Good riddance. The world is better off without you, Mr. Saddam Hussein. I find it very interesting that when the heat got on, you dug yourself a hole and you crawled in it. And our brave troops, combined with good intelligence, found you." --President George W. Bush, offered the chance to deliver "greetings" to the captured dictator ++ "President Bush sends his regards." --Anonymous Special Forces soldier on taking Hussein prisoner ++ "Haggard, dirty, disoriented and eager for small mercies from his captors, the man who once bestrode the Tigris and the Euphrates like an angry pagan god suddenly looked small, helpless and even pitiful." --Wesley Pruden ++ "Just when you thought the visuals in the war on terrorism could not get better than Khalid Sheik Mohammed being dragged out of his apartment in his underwear, we get shaggy, bearded Saddam Hussein being checked for lice by an American physician after emerging disoriented and babbling from his coffin-sized lair." --James S. Robbins {} "And it turns out that we didn't need France's help to capture Saddam after all." --Heritage Foundation's Michael Franc {} "So much for the quagmire." --National Review {} "None of the American servicemen who [captured Saddam] were injured or killed. There may, however, be some casualties on the home front. We wouldn't be surprised if Saddam's capture causes some members of the Angry Left to choke to death on their own bile." --James Taranto

Jay Leno.... They showed video of Hussein being inspected by a doctor. And then they took a DNA sample from him. Which had to be humiliating. One day your president of the country the next day you're being forced to give a DNA sample. And Clinton said, "Tell me about it." .... Reaction coming in from all over the world to Saddam Hussein's capture. The British government praised the U.S. The Spanish government said it was a great day.

And the French government praised Saddam for the way he surrendered. "We couldn't have done it so quickly ourselves." .... In fact when he was captured he was surrounded by the only nine remaining people who didn't want him caught -- the Democratic presidential candidates.

David Letterman.... Top Questions Asked By Saddam Hussein When He Was Captured: "Be honest...have you ever seen a nicer spider hole than this?"; "Who's got a coat hanger -- this beard itches like a...!"; "Anyone have a mint?"; "Is this about the illegal music downloads?"; "Am I going to be on 'Cops'?"; "Which describes me better right now -- 'haggard' or 'grizzled'?"; "How did you get past my impenetrable styrofoam brick?"; "Do I get the 25-million-dollar reward?"; "How's the war going?"; "Will you go easy on me if I tell you where Martha Stewart is hiding?"

Argus Hamilton.... Saddam Hussein was discovered and arrested by U.S. forces in Iraq Saturday. They had to dig him out of a six-foot hole in the basement of a mud hut. Thank goodness he wasn't disguised as a weapon of mass destruction or we might never have found him. .... Democrats were thrown off-stride Sunday when Saddam Hussein was nabbed. Their election strategy is narrowing. The economy is rebounding and Saddam Hussein is in handcuffs, but Democrats believe they can win just on their promise of a tax increase. .... All Saints Episcopal Church in Beverly Hills held a congregation-wide meeting Monday to air out member anger over the ordination of Gene Robinson as [homosexual] Bishop of New Hampshire. ... Thank goodness my church's founder Henry VIII and his six wives are not here to suffer through this assault on traditional marriage.

Enjoy
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Re: Saddam the Lion

Originally posted by ALBPM

And the French government praised Saddam for the way he surrendered. "We couldn't have done it so quickly ourselves." .... In fact when he was captured he was surrounded by the only nine remaining people who didn't want him caught -- the Democratic presidential candidates.
    ROFL...
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

We wouldn't be surprised if Saddam's capture causes some members of the Angry Left to choke to death on their own bile." --James Taranto
      ROFLMAO

Comment

Re: Saddam the Lion

Originally posted by ALBPM
        A few quotes:

So, so true. And since the economic rebound and Saddams capture they've been so whacked in their statements that I'm expecting some of 'em to start eating their young....

The only one of the 9 that has shown himself worthy of the office to which he aspires is Joe Lieberman, a man who harkens back to those present when I was a member of the Democrat party (ex: Jack Kennedy, Henry "Scoop" Jackson etc.).

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 December 2003, 00:09.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
          X