Stormy weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormy weather

We have just had the father and mother of a storm. Horizontal rain, I estimate ~150 mm here since 5 am, winds probably >120 kmh, trees down, floods, electricity cuts (we were lucky here, only 4 h 25 min). Possibly more to come.

This December must have been the wettest for quite some time, and we're only half-way through it. Probably half the total average annual rainfall, already.

(because water is a rare resource here.)
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Same here, on the other side of the pond (plus the MO, so that's a pond-and-a-half).

We haven't had a December like this in a LONG time. Two big storms in two weeks, another on the way... the sump pump in my basement is working overtime dealing with the runoff.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

On the 15th we got 3-4ft of snow in 24 hours, two days later, we get rain, lots of it.

The weather is defective.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

interesting. we have troubles using our heat pump, because the groundwater is too low....
        well, the tiled stove will keep the house warm, otherwise we stay in the flat over christmas, which will most likely not "white" anyway.

mfg
        wulfman
        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
        "Lobsters?"
        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Just boring here still short of water but not the driest year on our records. Looking like the 11th dry month of the year so far unless somthing happens. Forcasting the first snow of the year for Monday, Tuesday.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

we are feeling a part of your storm Brian .... here in leb.... the winds are up termendously and i love it
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

This winter is a bit warm here. Can't remember in my short life that has been above 7c a whole week in the middle of december. And it hasn't gone below 0 since october...

Well, it snowed some while ago, but that lasted 30 min and it was around 3c, needless to say, it melted as soon as it hit ground.

Comment

Working...
              X