Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patent on CD-Burning, Roxio sued

Another day, another lawsuit.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

As much as I dislike Roxio this is totaly wrong. Surely there must be a time period from when someone infringes your patent uttill you file a court case. These companies are sitting on it for years and years until they know they can make a bomb then they anounce it It appears the US patent office are willing to issue a pantent on just about any generic term
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Essentially, their patent says "We take the EXACT method used by WORM devices, and apply it to CD-ROMs".

Seems fairly "obvious" to anyone "skilled in the art" to me.

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
        As much as I dislike Roxio this is totaly wrong. Surely there must be a time period from when someone infringes your patent uttill you file a court case.
        6 years, generally.

Patents ARE published. If you're going to try to sell something, it's your job to make sure it's not patented.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

My reading of the patent suggests that Optima may actually have a point here.
          MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Working...
          X