Wow, 5900XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, 5900XT

Wow, Nvidia has finally made a card that I may consider buying again. Even with PS2 benches, it's close or on par with 9600XT, and in non shader-limited cases, it outright beats it. If the IQ hacks are removed, I would really, really think about buying this card. Of course, there are still a few downsides, but the bang/buck for this card is absolutely great.

I would finally be able to get back to FreeBSD on my main box too.

edit: $185... cheaper than 5700Ultra, close to 9600XT price.

excellent! It seems like they have remade the PS2.0 on 5900 XTs. 185 is a killer deal IMO, esp for a 5900 class product.

only concern is the 2D... which is usually crap, esp brands like eVGA...

THe drivers are awesome though. I heard they got intel chip architects and other great people to write the compiler to translate between ordinaly D3D 9 code --> CineFX code

I also like their drive interface too, IMO better than ATI. (very powerful, lets of gadgets, user friendly etc.

again, only concern I have is the analog output quality on it. Or else it'd be perfect!

Comment

5900xt does seem, to do the job as midrange card.

But do check the performance/price of 9700 pro/non pro as they are quite cheap now...and defintely looking the price of 9800 nonpros they perfom great and are a few $ more than a 9600xt.

Comment

Does anybody else than me get surprised that it's called "XT"?

Comment

Dirty Nvidia marketing tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
            Dirty Nvidia marketing tricks.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Plus all their "Driver Updates" that play with IQ, no thanks.
            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

i thought ATI does almsot the same thing. I read in trilinear they lower color percision to 5 bit or something like that. (instead of normal 8bit)

Comment

Working...
              X