Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton anti-virus 2003

Ok,

I downloaded a copy of Norton Anti-virus or what I though was a final build but it is an external test build. Is that a pre - beta version ?? in live update I can update everything apart from symantec redirector and common client core updates are these essential ??

thx
    Andy

Probably a problem with the test build. Why not buy the proper version probably get for around a tenner now that 2004 is out.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

2004 uses activation. Maybe you can grab a copy of 2003 Regular or even professional at a computer show for $5-$10.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
        2004 uses activation. Maybe you can grab a copy of 2003 Regular or even professional at a computer show for $5-$10.
        Yeh and you know what I didn't have to even put the code in. I just clicked on the activate button and bingo.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Check out Pandasoft.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Yeah thanks guys I think I'll "buy" a copy as recommended is 2004 worth it ?? .. kk thx

Comment

Works here but the scan is slow. Against that the system is more responise than say using mcafee. Plus it's more configurable.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Norton Antispam (part of the NIS 2004) puts my own yahoo e-mail addresses to the spam folder. I tried a half a day to get them as no spam. Once I try to learn Antispam that it's not a spam it creates a Win XP error, and I am forced to log on XP. No way. It recognized my secondary POP3 e-mail as no spam.
                NIS is slooooow.
                Norton AV is very nice to use I like it. Norton Firewall 2004 is better, but I am more familiar with Zone Alarm, anyway.
                Now, I am back with Norton Antivirus 2004 + Zone Alarm + Mail Washer.
                IMHO, Mail Washer is easier to control.

Fred H
                It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Zonealarm shudders. Okay I heard it's better than it used to be.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Personally, I've been rather happy with AVG antivirus 7.0.
                    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                      Personally, I've been rather happy with AVG antivirus 7.0.
                      I'm just going to give that a go now thanks for the advice

Comment

Best IT security solutions for your home and business devices. Try ESET antivirus and internet security solutions for Windows, Android, Mac or Linux OS.

Nod 32 is the way to go.

It catches an enourmously amount of unknow vira, its VERY light on the system, has the fastes scan etc. yadayada...

It IS very good!

Theres a trial version on the page. Well worth trying.
                        ~~DukeP~~

Comment

I second the recommendation for AVG.

It is simply that much better then norton. Download and try the free version, if you are not after lots of features (which never get used), it will knock your socks off.
                          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Working...
                          X