Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a tosser?

Hi Ya Folks,
    I was working with someone from Austrailia this past week. Awesome guy, very funny and boy can he drink. Anyways he didn't quite get along with one guy from my group ( no biggie as this guy is a moron ) and he would call him a "tosser" once in a while. I didn't have the guts to ask him what he meant by it, but I loved his "wanker" term.
    Thanks

Hello RhinoZ

Pardon my French but a Tosser is just another name for a Wanker. The two are interchangeable.

Regards Michael
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

tosser: n, Britslang One who masturbates. Syn. wanker.

Comment

Okay..
        Is one word worse than the other, because he would use "wanker" to be funny and tosser when he would refer to the moron.

Comment

Tosser is a wanker, but as a guess in this context not only was he sugesting that this person was an "owner operator" but also that he had an extra male organ attached to his forehead.
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoZ
            Okay..
            Is one word worse than the other, because he would use "wanker" to be funny and tosser when he would refer to the moron.
            Well, I had "You are all a bunch of Wankers!" in my signature and I was asked to remove it because people were offended So I am guessing Wanker would probably be worse even though tosser is the same thing. I changed it again to "You are all a bunch of british hobbiests!" and that was OK. Go figure.

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
              Well, I had "You are all a bunch of Wankers!" in my signature and I was asked to remove it because people were offended So I am guessing Wanker would probably be worse even though tosser is the same thing. I changed it again to "You are all a bunch of british hobbiests!" and that was OK. Go figure.

Dave
              Why don't you try "owner-operators" instead?

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

I always thought a tosser was the worst kind of wanker. I have heard people here use "I don't give a toss"as if it meant "I don't give a s*it"
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

haha

hey all

hahaha what a thread...

i use tossa all the time now that my brother has started saying it at lan parties hahaha

but it being more or less worse than wanker is all up to how you say it i reckon...
                    |CPU|Intel P4 2.8GHz(800MHz) @ 3.4GHz(980MHz)|CPU Cooling| CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU Heatsink & Fan, Arctic Silver 5 |Mobo|MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R (Bios 2.4)|RAM|2 x 256MB Geil PC3200 RAM, Dual Channel, 5:4, 2-3-3-5|HDD|2 x WD 36G 10000RPM SATA (8MB Buffer), RAID 0|Video Card|256MB Sapphire x800pro VIVO 475/450@540/520, 16 pipelines enabled, 3D Connect bios|Video Card Drivers|Omega v2.5.90|CD-RW|LiteOn CD-RW|LCD|17" ViewSonic VP171s|PSU|Enhance 400W|K&M|Logitech MX Duo|OS|Windows XP, SP2, DirectX 9c

Comment

Hey, guys, language! Take yourselves in hand!

Tosser and don't give a toss are different roots. To toss off is what Americans would call to jerk off. Don't give a toss is analogous to I wouldn't toss a coin for it.
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

To toss off is what Americans would call to jerk off.
                        I've heard it referred to alot of different way but 'toss off' is a new one to me.

I guess that is because since I live here I don't know as much as someone who doesn't live here.

Joel
                        Last edited by Joel; 16 December 2003, 07:47.
                        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Oxford Dictionary:
                          toss off
                          1 drink off at a draught.
                          2 dispatch (work) rapidly or without effort (tossed off an omelette).
                          3 Brit. coarse slang masturbate.
                          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Just because the British use it that way doesn't mean that the Americans do. I mean hell they drive on the wrong side of the road for god sake.

Joel
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                              Hey, guys, language! Take yourselves in hand!

Tosser and don't give a toss are different roots. To toss off is what Americans would call to jerk off. Don't give a toss is analogous to I wouldn't toss a coin for it.
                              U.S. folks don't use the term wanker or tosser. Atleast not in any normal format. I picked up both of those words from my European friends online. I had never heard either word before a year ago.
                              From what I gather, some people take great offense from the word Wanker, where as others don't mind it at all. We actually had someone quit from our Mech4 team because we called everyone a wanker all the time.
                              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X