I won't play again 'til 2004 :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't play again 'til 2004 :(

Today I went to this week's match of the indoor football league I play on. We are 4th by the tail of the classification so we needed the points.
    In the first 10 minuttes we were 4 goals down , then we started to play good and we finished the first half loosing 4-2.

At the second half we continued to play good and with more anger than before. Five minutes from the end we were 4-4. We have a couple of opportunities that we couldn't score. Then we get a cornner kick, my team-mate puts the ball deep, I arm my rigth leg to perform a "vollea" and when I'm going to kick the ball and probably score the winning goal the deffender kiks my right foot instead of the ball!
    Shit man, it hurted a lot and the refereƩ whistle the end of the match!
    My foot was completly purple, even one of my fingers was bleeding. The guy who kicked me is allrigth, and that even makes more angry :

this is taking longer to write than I though , the result is that I've got a sprain on the right foot and I won't be able to play in a couple of weeks, so my come back will have to be in 2004. No more footy for this year

Another bad thing of this injury is that I had a dinner tonigth with a beautiful redhead scottish girl Not to say that I'm not going, so lets say that no more dates for this year too

ciao, Ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

D'oh, when it rains it pours!

At least you've got a few girls in your scope, I think my scope is broken, cause I an't see anything from mine.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Bummer man

I just restarted playing (after 10 years off) and I dont know how I lasted away from the pitch.

I live for Wednesdays and Fridays!

I am too old, too slow, too unfit and just too crap to play in a league now, but it is is an intense hour and a half!.

I can only get better - or die in the attempt!

RedRed
      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
        D'oh, when it rains it pours!

At least you've got a few girls in your scope, I think my scope is broken, cause I an't see anything from mine.
        I'm sorry to hear that Zokes, I know that feeling (well, who doesnt?).
        I've found out the following trick to work quite well: You go out with a friend (a girl), preferably she has to be good looking. Then you start dancing with her, that'll make the other gals at the pub notice you. Then she leaves you to go to speak with someone else or whatever. You'll see how many of the girls in the pub will be staring at you That is the time for you to act, yo u go to the one you like the most and ask her to dance. That's worked for me 2 of every 3 times I've done it
        The downpoint is that they don't care to know anything more about me after I dance with them I've gotta take some salsa lessons.

@RedRed: good to see that you're playing again after so long
        Personally I really miss it if I can't play football at leas once a week!

btw. I've been at ER a couple of hours ago, I wake up really in pain with the foot. What I (an my mother that happens to be a nurse) thought was a sprain is actually an "inflamation of the ligaments" or something like that. It hurst a lot I've got it heavily bandaged and I'll have to be out of the fields for at least a couple of months

ciao, Ivan
        <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Working...
        X