New TV card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV card

I have to Machines one with G400max & RRG and another with AIW Radeon. The AIW Radeon
    captures good video at 352 X 240 MPEG1. AND
    good Video at 320X240 Huffy compressed with
    Panasonic 2.51 MPEG about 60 min on DDR.
    Now ASUS has a new card coming out. Check it out at http://asus.com.tw/

ASUS ANNOUNCES NEW V7100 DELUXE COMBO 3D GRAPHICS CARD - TURN YOUR PC INTO AN ALL-AROUND ENTERTAINMENT CENTER POWERED BY NVIDIA'S NEW GEFORCE2 MXTM GPU
    Taiwan, Taipei Nov.6 2000: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. announces today its all new AGP-V7100 DELUXE COMBO graphics card - the GeForce2 MX graphics card featured with comprehensive video and entertainment functions.
    AGP-V7100 DELUXE COMBO not only completely exerts the power of NVIDA®'s GeForce2 MX GPU but also provides unlimited functions of entertainment including ASUS Digital VCR, which lets you flexibly watch TV on your PC, real time video catpure, video editing, ASUS VideoSecurity, ASUS SmartVR 3D glasses, TV-out, TwinViewTM, among others. With this powerful card, the user can turn his/her PC into an all-around entertainment center.

Well, I still think ATI has a long way to go in terms of quality, 3DFX has tried and it failed miserably.
    Now Asus is trying to come out with some kind of card that could do what the Marvel's/G400-RRG had already acomplished, what do you think is gonna happen there eh

Keep the G400 Max/RRG, the quality is great and you can do much more with it, like capture in Mjpeg, YUY and Mpeg-2 using software codecs

Any comment, more than welcome.

Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 18 December 2000).]

Comment

This looks like the standard ASUS multimedia card. Based on what I've seen of the older models, there's a lot to like here. It has a very good quality 2d 3d card, along with a very decent capture card. The capture on this is equivilent to a WinTV, and it has good driver support. It only captures uncompressed (in hardware), so if your system is fast enough it can go into HuffYUV without any problem. The minuses to the card are A) no tuner built in (unless they've changed things recently), B) no hardware compression (if you need it), and C) tv out that does not equal that of the G400.
      Honestly, if I were building a new system I would think long and hard about getting an ASUS video card/capture device. If you have at least a 600mhz system, I'd REALLY consider it.

Comment

Hey, if the ASUS video/capture card has good w2k drivers I can live without a TV tuner -- there is a perfectly good tuner with remote control built into my VCR which is hooked to the capture card as the reason for having the capture card!

What about analog out? This is really the only thing I've missed that the Marvel clearly does better than the competition.

--wally.

Comment

I can't connect to the TW site right now, but on the US site it only has the 68000.

No w2k support listed for the 68000 :-(

Interesting to see the "minimum requirements"
          lists "motherboard with Intel chipset or ASUS K7M only".

The K7M is the AMD750 based board (which I happen to have), the other ASUS Athelon/Tbird/Duron boards are VIA chipsets.

--wally.

Comment

One thing I've noted in the NG's is complaints about dropped frames with the Asus cards. This has been a running theme.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X