Cubicle Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubicle Life

David Letterman's Top 10 Drawbacks to Working in a Cubicle...

10. Being told to "think outside the box" when you're in a freakin' box
    all day long.

9. Not being able to check e-mail attachments without turning around to
    see who's behind you.

8. Cubicle walls do not offer much protection from any kind of gun
    fire.

7. That nagging feeling that if you press the right button, you'll get a piece of cheese.

6. Lack of roof rafters for the noose.

5. The walls are too close together for the hammock to work right.

4. 23 power cords - 1 outlet.

3. Prison cells are not only bigger, they also have beds.

2. The carpet has been there since 1976 and shows more signs of life
    than your co-workers.

And the number 1 drawback to working in a cubicle

1.You can't walk out and slam the door when you quit
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

How true, how true.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Re: Cubicle Life

Originally posted by Helevitia
      2. The carpet has been there since 1976 and shows more signs of life
      than your co-workers........
      wow, they buy carpets from the same place as my work
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Oh for a cubilcle - there are 5 of us in a room about 20' long - aaargghh. But work keeps buying whatever I ask for which is nice.

We had the cubicle conversation the other day but our room would probably fit only 2 and no corridor. Oh and we have orange wallpaper - yuk... ill photo graph it sometime ...
        hmmmmm

Comment

Bah, cubicles, luxury I tells ya.
          Japan doesn't do the cubicle thing. At work as I am one of the Programmers, My desk has walls, but I wouldn't call it a cubicle (maybe a half Asok style cubicle)
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

All open plan here... 11 in one office plus the boss in a glass box...
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I share a room with about 150 others..... But it's a big room alright.

For normal work, I'd hate both cubicles and open plan (or, "Office Gardens" as we call them over here). Nothing like a small room with max of 5 ppl and needing to go out over the hallway (where you bump into all sorts of interesting people) to the next room if you need someone there.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Hee-hee! Poor buggers. My office is all to myself: it doesn't matter how much mess I make. I have roof beams for the noose. I have space for my bookshelves and two long tables for my 4 computers and TV, with four large cupboards, full to overflowing. I have a wonderful view of beautiful pine-covered mountains and down a valley and can even catch a glimpse of the sea on the occasional clear day.

What more can a guy want?
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                  Hee-hee! Poor buggers. My office is all to myself: it doesn't matter how much mess I make. I have roof beams for the noose. I have space for my bookshelves and two long tables for my 4 computers and TV, with four large cupboards, full to overflowing. I have a wonderful view of beautiful pine-covered mountains and down a valley and can even catch a glimpse of the sea on the occasional clear day.

What more can a guy want?
                  Hmm.. let's see.. to be 18 again and have lots of beautiful nude women hanging around waiting on my every whim.. endless money and no responsibility.. shall I continue?

Comment

Yes KvH please do! Heaven can't be talked about to much
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                    X