Damn Virus W32/Orror.m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Virus W32/Orror.m

Disables virus checkers infects it seems random files so it seems.
    Followed the instructions on Sophos anti virus web site. Rebooted and the damn thing was still there but only two files plus the registry editor infected. Told it restart in msdos mode so I could replace and delete the infected files and wham the virus did the payload and deleted some files so the machine wouldn't boot.
    I thought stuff it, deleted the windows directory and programme files directory and left re-installing windoze from scratch. If it was a desktop pc I'd put the drive in another machine and cleaned it sadly it was a laptop no floppy and a broken norton system works.
    Oh I forgot to mention Nortons have a different set of removal instructions from Sophos so I reckon Sophos have missed something.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

this is where a 2.5" to 3.5" ide adapter would have come in handy!

Comment

Theres one somewhere in the department but by the time I had finnished I was fed up. They shouldn't mess with things Kazaa if they can't keep their anti virus software up todate and active.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ayoub, I need one of those things, where did you get it, please don't say ebay
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Damn it just dropped the damn thing. Still works although the LCD panel isn't clipping together properly.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

@DentyCracker

They sell internal adaptors here:
            Komplett Group is the largest online-first electronics retailer with a core focus on consumer electronics and gaming products in Scandinavia. The group has continuously been at the forefront of online retail and developed the e-commerce industry in Scandinavia.

or external USB cases here:
            Komplett Group is the largest online-first electronics retailer with a core focus on consumer electronics and gaming products in Scandinavia. The group has continuously been at the forefront of online retail and developed the e-commerce industry in Scandinavia.

We got some cases from there, but they don't seem to have the model we got anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
              Ayoub, I need one of those things, where did you get it, please don't say ebay
              got mine from lindy
              Lindy is a global innovator that embodies connectivity in every facet of our business. From state-of-the-art solutions to the partnerships we foster with our customers, we know connectivity. We understand that any connection must be effective, reliable and of the highest quality. That is Connection Perfection.

Comment

Damn thing will now have to got back for repair at the University exspense. The student going to be reallly happy when I tell her.

a) Your virus went chomp chomp.

b) I dropped the damn thing and we're going to repair it.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X