Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toshiba laptop

Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4310 that came with Windows 98.

The installation went ok, but now I'm trying to install the Toshiba utilities (I downloaded the Windows 2000 version from the website) and I've run into problems. It gives "HCI load error" and "SCI load error" when attempting to open the control panel (the utilities are grouped in a controlpanel entry).
    Any ideas on how to get this to work ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

service pack? installed ok? checked the files? RAM ok?

Comment

It sucks, but you'll likely need the utility install disk for Win2k from Toshiba. My mom's Sony Vaio was like this - they STILL haven't posted all the low-level add-ins necessary to make it work 100% properly under WinXP.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Kurt: yes, servicepacks and all are ok.

Gurm: Well, toshiba has upgrade tools for their laptops, but while the laptop has a "Windows 2000" sticker on it, there are no upgrade tools for this one. There is a number of drivers/utilities for Windows 2000, but they don't run properly.
        I currently have all the devices, only thing that doesn't work is the FN key with certain combinations (used for e.g. LCD brightness). Other combinations (e.g. selecting which displays are active) do work (luckily).

They also don't offer email support!

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Gurm's right... you will have to wait till toshiba will release software compatible for xp... i have a toshiba satellite 3014... and had to wait also, as the win98 drivers used just didnt work although if your lucky sometimes you can get away with it... just depends...

just looked at the site under the 4300 series and says its a 2000/XP Utilities driver so it should work?

here's the link

Last edited by Terrafin; 11 December 2003, 02:17.
          |CPU|Intel P4 2.8GHz(800MHz) @ 3.4GHz(980MHz)|CPU Cooling| CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU Heatsink & Fan, Arctic Silver 5 |Mobo|MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R (Bios 2.4)|RAM|2 x 256MB Geil PC3200 RAM, Dual Channel, 5:4, 2-3-3-5|HDD|2 x WD 36G 10000RPM SATA (8MB Buffer), RAID 0|Video Card|256MB Sapphire x800pro VIVO 475/450@540/520, 16 pipelines enabled, 3D Connect bios|Video Card Drivers|Omega v2.5.90|CD-RW|LiteOn CD-RW|LCD|17" ViewSonic VP171s|PSU|Enhance 400W|K&M|Logitech MX Duo|OS|Windows XP, SP2, DirectX 9c

Comment

Originally posted by Terrafin
            Gurm's right... you will have to wait till toshiba will release software compatible for xp...
            Euhm, I'm trying to install Windows 2000. This laptop at the time of purchase could be bought with either Windows 98 or Windows 2000 (we chose the former as we don't need additional licences). So the Windows 2000 drivers/utilities must exist.

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

ahhh sorry about that... was a long day if you know what i mean...

just call toshiba and ask em...
              |CPU|Intel P4 2.8GHz(800MHz) @ 3.4GHz(980MHz)|CPU Cooling| CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU Heatsink & Fan, Arctic Silver 5 |Mobo|MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R (Bios 2.4)|RAM|2 x 256MB Geil PC3200 RAM, Dual Channel, 5:4, 2-3-3-5|HDD|2 x WD 36G 10000RPM SATA (8MB Buffer), RAID 0|Video Card|256MB Sapphire x800pro VIVO 475/450@540/520, 16 pipelines enabled, 3D Connect bios|Video Card Drivers|Omega v2.5.90|CD-RW|LiteOn CD-RW|LCD|17" ViewSonic VP171s|PSU|Enhance 400W|K&M|Logitech MX Duo|OS|Windows XP, SP2, DirectX 9c

Comment

Working...
              X