Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV not really recognized

Hi,

until last week, my Matrox 450 DVI works fine, then I changed the motherboard, nothing else, and the problem begans. I installed XP Pro new, because of the new hardware and all the other things I need.

Now I tried the connection to the TV (PAL) via S-VHS. It is connected to DVI with adapter, primary display is a TFT connected to 15-VGA. But I can't get it work. I read a lot of posts and tried a lot of switching and playing (Windvd, WMP), but nothing helps.

It seems that the TV was not not properly recognized. I have activated DVD-Max in the dual head section and nothing else. But there is also a list with a lot of resolution and refresh rate settings for the second monitor, starting with 640x480 at 60Hz, therefore I think the TV is not properly recognized. At 640x480 the TV is flickering an show sometimes a part of a picture.

Deinstalling and reanstilling the driver doesn't change anything and I tried to delete the registry for matrox, but there have been a few entries were I was not shure.

Maybe someone can help me?

Bye Mike

Another hint:

In the mentioned list of available resolutions and refresh rates, there is a button called "zurücksetzen" in the german language driver software, maybe its called initialize in the english version.

When I press this button, the driver recognized a second display with 1024x768 at 60 Hz (The Tft ist 1280x1024, therefore not the same). The TV ist connected and on when pressing this button.

Mike

Comment

I might be wrong but I think it means more sth like "set it back", probably to undo whatever changes...

Comment

it means "reset".

Rakido
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Maybe I have to reset XP too, because there is no success to get it work until today. A friend of mine has a Sapphire 9600 with no fan and want to sell it. First I will try this card and check the video quality.

Comment

I've tried the Sapphire 9600 fanless, works without a problem, but the video quality seems to be not as good as with the Matrox card.

Therefore I installed XP again, but the matrox doesn't recognize the TV, always says, that there ist a second monitor. The only thing, I can imagine, is that the adapter cabel from DVI to s-vhs maybe damaged. Maybe I'll find a hint in the forum.

Mike

Comment

I just read about problems on non Intel-Boards with G450 16 MB PCI. Is it shure, that this problem is not for AGP-cards?

Mike

Comment

yes.

There's a loop-back on the break-out cable for the Matrox card, which will make the driver recognize a tv as output device instead of a monitor. Are you using the correct cable? Are you using the tv-out break-out cable on the DVI -> DSUB plug that came with the matrox card, or a different one? does that one have all pins connected (i.e. also the ones used for loop-back tv detection)?

btw. the detection for tv-out only happens when the drivers are loaded (i.e. when windows boots). To force it afterwards, rightclick on the 'root device' in device manager, and select 'scan for hardware changes'.
                Last edited by dZeus; 23 December 2003, 14:06.

Comment

Hi dZeus,

the only thing I changed was the the MoBo (and the case, because this was the reason, a smaller case for MicroAtx). It worked on my P4PE (intel-chipset) but not with the new asusboard with sis-chipset. I didn't change cables, and therefore I think this could not be the reason, only if it is damaged, tried svhs and the other connector. It is connected to DVI too with the dvi2dsubplug.

Thank for your tip to rescan hardware, but no change. But I noticed another detail. When I activate the first point of Dualhead (Mehrfachanzeige in German, don't know the word in english), and then I can see a standard monitor in the device manager, but the carddriver says 1024x768x60Hz for this device. When I deactivate this point, the device manager only find the first display. Btw it was the same TV and the same input connector as with the P4PE-Installation.

I'm a little bit angry, because I like the matrox and the sapphire make no problems with the tv-connection.

Mike

Comment

ok, get a multi-meter, and check wether the pins on the DVI adapter that correspondend with pins 12 and 15 on the DSUB connector are shorted with the tv-out break-out cable connected to the plug. If not, then measure pin 12 and 15 on the break-out cable. If one of those 2 fails, then that part is broken and to blame for your problem.

Comment

Thank you dZeus,

I think I own a multimeter, but I don't like it, because I don't know it. I will try tomorrow, to much vine this evening :-).

Mike

Comment

Multimetertest seems to be okay. Dsub 12 and 15 are shorted and from DVI to Dsub works too.

I've tried to build the card into another PC (Athlon), but same problem and tried it with another TV, no change. Last I played with the settings of the onboard grafic, but no result. Maybe the card is really damaged, but I couldn't get another one to check this out, maybe I'll bye one at Ebay.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X