Clear All

• Google "miserable failure"

LOL
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

ROTF
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hmm.. this seems to be proof of the "Big Lie" tactic in Animal Farm.. repeat a lie enough times and it "becomes" the "truth," at least to the impressionable masses.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          Hmm.. this seems to be proof of the "Big Lie" tactic in Animal Farm.. repeat a lie enough times and it "becomes" the "truth," at least to the impressionable masses.
          what, like the WMD stuff?

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

You mean like "We have proof that Iraq has WMD" or "I didn't have sexual intercourse with this woman"?

Seriously though, it's just a joke

People who didn't like Bush google-bombed this up. Google bombs are also the reason why google has become almost unusable for german words, since for every legit hit you get at least 20 sites, sometimes cleverly disguised, that relocate you to ebay

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Exactly, Az.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman
                what, like the WMD stuff?

mfg
                wulfman
                No, more like the Democrat Party platform and the policy statements of its candidates

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Though Google is working on ways to stop Google bombing.

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Mordrid - Gore is now backing Dean. Didn't this fact radically change your opinion of Dean?

Comment

Why is there a link saying "En Español" ?????
                      Is it some "PC" stupidity?
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Because it's a bizarre tactic.

Basically, 2 guys with access to a half dozen sites can google-bomb a phrase and link it somewhere.

There are a handful of ACTUAL sites that call George W. Bush a "miserable failure", but they've gotten google-ranked such that it LOOKS like dozens of sites all point to that.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R.
                          Mordrid - Gore is now backing Dean. Didn't this fact radically change your opinion of Dean?
                          It just confirms my opinion of both; they're both life-sucking political vampyres.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Come on. Don't pull punches. Tell us your real feelings...

(God - I keep praying either the Democrats or Republicans can field a real leader)
                            Last edited by Brian R.; 9 December 2003, 17:28.

Comment

They could, but as I am not from the USA, I can;t run......
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X