Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 pin power

all,

So I am still hunting for a new motherboard and have a quickie. The p4 type 4 pin power socket - does it give much in the way of advantage on an athlon board?

Can anyone recommend a noot too expensive drive bay usb/firwire/audio output/mem card reader socket thingy - if you know what I mean (usb being the most important).
    Last edited by bibble; 8 December 2003, 15:51.
    hmmmmm

Generally recent AthlonXP, FX and Opteron boards use 4-pin P4 power connector.

If your board requires one, get the PSU with the connector.

If it's not required, you may get away with molex/adaptor, but it's high time to start considering ATX+12 PSU.

For instance my Tyan TigerMPX requires either molex or P4 connector.

As for bay thingy (I'm still not to actively looking for one).

Antec and recently Chieftec cases (and some other mid to high range cases) have USB, Firewire and Audio at the front.

Unless you have very good case now, you need big chieftec which doesn't have connectors, it's best to get a case that has them.

Otherwise, look into Koutech and Thermaltake.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 8 December 2003, 02:02.

Comment

Inwin also now has USB/cardreader/audio/Firewire in the front. Very nice, considering they've always had reasonably priced cases.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

With separate drive bay connector thingies it will be hard to find the one that has the features you want. For instance, I'd like 3.5" USB firewire thingie, but most of the stuff has some fan controllers I don't require and it's 5.25.

Comment

Scan has some on their today only page today
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

ok now looking at the msi delta fisr (not the 2 version as I dont need the extras). And a thermaltake case blue v1000c which has usb etc on the roof. Does anyone know where to buy thermaltake cheap in the uk?

also would i notice much difference between a 1600xp and a 2500 barton? still with 2100ddr single channel? cost is the thing here
            Last edited by bibble; 8 December 2003, 15:51.
            hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
            X