Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my hibernation is over!

Hi murcers (super and minis alike),

I've been in an hibernation state for some months (since I came back from Italy actually).
    While I was in Italy I noticed that I could live without the computer , plus my ISP kept disconnecting me every few minutes, I was/am broke, college was consuming much of my time, my primary HD died, I bought a Minolta Dimage 7Hi for $1000 on eBay which I never received, the local indoor football league where I play started and a thousand more things happend...
    So I had to give up on some things I love to do, like programming, biking, women and hanging around here

Anyway now everything has settle a bit, I've got the rythm again and I have the time to continue to do those things. I'll keep away from women for the momment, they need almost a fulltime dedication

Now please be patient with my engrish, I'm afraid I've lost some skills since my last postings here

If someone could tell me about the greates changes around here in the last 3 months, I'll be gratefull.

PS: I've changed my hair style so be prepared for a new bunch of SlumpSmilies

PS2: @Admins, are donations still necessary? I've got a few bucks burning on my wallet.
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

I am sure any donation size will be appreciated by Ant

PS welcome back and engrish works for me
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Welcome back! Not much has changed really... life goes on at MURC
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
        Welcome back! Not much has changed really... life goes on at MURC
        do you mean that Paddy getting married was a non-event!

Comment

Welcome back

When/if you finally get a camera (did you at least get your money back?), we have a digital imaging forum now

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I bought the camera so I could have an excuse to post on the digital imagin forum

I haven't got the camera and I haven't got the money neither
            The guy told me that he sent the camera. According to him it's been lost by the shipping company. I don't really believe him but I can't do much, can I?

Anyway, I'm saving money again (slowly though) and I'll try to buy one for the summer. I wanna post on the DI forum!

Congrats to Paddy!

ciao, Ivan
            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

There are money orders you can cancel if you do not receive your merchandise.. it's up to him to get reimbursed from the shipper then. I guess you are not going to be trusting eBay again.

Comment

He should have a tracking #. Insist he give it to you. Check into how it was shipped, and insurance he used.
                You should also contact eBay to make sure he doesn't rip anyone else off.
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Exactly. Something as valuable as that camera was surely not sent uninsured? Insurance is included in standard parcels here.

Also check the law: Who is responsible for the goods arriving at the customer? The buyer or the seller?

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yeah.. don't just say "Oh well, that's $1000 down the toilet. Guess I can't do anything!"

Comment

Cheers and Welcome!
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Welcome back
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Welcome back. How was the hibernation?
                          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Good to see you back!
                              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X